Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@wanilton: thanks mate!
Anyone upload a good pack which has great wallpapers for every menu ? All mine suck

Also what are you guys using 2 scrape all your movies Huh??
Hey MQ,

Fantastic work. Love all the options of the new skin. It is faster than MQ4.

However, I'm trully missing some features that seem to be removed :

- Is it possible to have the widgets auto clear from the screen after a few seconds (like in MQ4). Now you can set them to pop up after a few seconds, but I like to have them gone after a few seconds so I can enjoy the full background. I thought this was so cool in MQ4
- Are there plans to add back the main info panel in the 'shelf' view? Why has this been removed? This seems a big drawback to me...
- Are there plans to add back the coverflow with main info screen in the game section? --> This is what I miss the most. The game section isn't half as good as it was in MQ4 now :-(

I really love the work that has been done, this is easily the best and most fluent skin out there. However, to be honest, I think some of the views just don't look as nice anymore as in MQ4 and I really hope them some things can be added back in?

Also, congratulations on the adding of the CD/DVD art in the movie section, this is so nicely done. But I what just love to also have disc art in coverflow/shelf mode (make the disc pop up half in front of the cover and let it roll --> like in NOX).

A big cheers and thanks for all your hard work.

Grave
Seems like the CPU goes through the roof if you highlight/select a movie and leave it there, anyone else seeing this? 100% CPU when XBMC is idle is a bit much. Same on Frodo/Gotham.
(2013-11-21, 04:09)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@capfuturo, yes script videoextras, in latest release 0.0.8 use new window for show info, it´s necessary fix in skin, for work again.

When have news about, I will post here.

Wrong. If the addon has its own window, the creator it must include the textures needed to work on any skin, otherwise it will only work in Confluence.

The skin may have its own window, but this is optional.
hey MQ!
something small that could be nice in the next upadte..
on the OSD , when im on the player view, it would be nice if i could press up or down, and see the visualization in full screen without seeing the player...
or maybe one press hides the player, and the second press goes back to the lyrics mode
thanks!
(2013-11-21, 14:02)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-21, 04:09)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@capfuturo, yes script videoextras, in latest release 0.0.8 use new window for show info, it´s necessary fix in skin, for work again.

When have news about, I will post here.

Wrong. If the addon has its own window, the creator it must include the textures needed to work on any skin, otherwise it will only work in Confluence.

The skin may have its own window, but this is optional.

Hi All,

capfuturo has requested I comment on this (request in the VideoExtras Forum Post).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1555675

I have indeed added a window to the VideoExtras add-on to display more information about the extras. I know very little about skinning and controlling windows - so it has taken a surprising amount of time to get it working! (I originally tried to use a standard XBMC window and over-load the data - but this just didn't work - may be an error on my part).

I have coded this to the default Confluence skin - which seemed to make sense (There are no custom images - just the default XBMC ones as far as I am aware). However I did test it against other skins, and yes it doesn't display correctly in all skins. With there being 20 or so different skins out there, it isn't really possible for me to learn the ins and outs of all the different skins and implement different versions for each skin.

I did test the water by posting on the Aoen Nox forum section to see if anyone with the skinning knowledge of the given skin would be willing to help and supply a "mapping" of the window.xml file:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178411

No replies yet, but only a couple of days old.

I would obviously prefer to have versions of the advanced screen for all skins, but there is a fallback if they are not available and do not work. Users can switch the display list to a simple dialog listing which will not show resume of watched flags. (Which is most probably what I will recommend at the moment for non Confluence users).

It may even be the case that my existing window.xml file has stacks of errors in, and correcting those errors would result in it working on all skins - but I just don't have the knowledge or experience in that area.

All that said - if anyone is interested or willing to help and supply a mapping of the file (For any skin) - I would be very happy to include it in the VideoExtras plugin.

Hope this helps, Rob
@rob_webset for your xml you can not use anything that is unique to Confluence like this

<include>CommonBackground</include>
<include>ContentPanelBackgrounds</include>
<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
<include>CommonPageCount</include>
<include>CommonNowPlaying</include>
<include>MainWindowMouseButtons</include>
<include>BehindDialogFadeOut</include>
<include>ScrollOffsetLabel</include>

and etc...

Otherwise nothing works and will still generate errors in the log.
You need to remove all <includes> and add textures in package (extracted from Confluence) to form the window.

Any doubt, make a question, we are here to help.
@MarcosQui:I hope a new Version comming soon!

I cannot use your skin now with my new gotham Version!
(2013-11-21, 17:17)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]@rob_webset for your xml you can not use anything that is unique to Confluence like this

<include>CommonBackground</include>
<include>ContentPanelBackgrounds</include>
<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
<include>CommonPageCount</include>
<include>CommonNowPlaying</include>
<include>MainWindowMouseButtons</include>
<include>BehindDialogFadeOut</include>
<include>ScrollOffsetLabel</include>

and etc...

Otherwise nothing works and will still generate errors in the log.
You need to remove all <includes> and add textures in package (extracted from Confluence) to form the window.

Any doubt, make a question, we are here to help.

Thanks for the tip - I quickly tried removing the includes from the default - and it just goes mainly black (no surprise really!). I think I'm going to have to look at different XML files for each skin - I want the new extras window to "fit" with each skin and look like a genuine part of that UI - and I think the only real way of doing that is to have an XML file for each skin Sad

Sorry to drag your forum listing off topic, but wanted to reply after you took the time to post.

Thanks, Rob
(2013-11-21, 12:29)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]- Is it possible to have the widgets auto clear from the screen after a few seconds (like in MQ4). Now you can set them to pop up after a few seconds, but I like to have them gone after a few seconds so I can enjoy the full background. I thought this was so cool in MQ4

You can change the widgets within the skin settings.

There are three options, auto (standard), manual (which I think is what your looking for), and always on show.
(2013-11-22, 10:32)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-21, 12:29)st graveyard Wrote: [ -> ]- Is it possible to have the widgets auto clear from the screen after a few seconds (like in MQ4). Now you can set them to pop up after a few seconds, but I like to have them gone after a few seconds so I can enjoy the full background. I thought this was so cool in MQ4

You can change the widgets within the skin settings.

There are three options, auto (standard), manual (which I think is what your looking for), and always on show.

Thanks, I'll test this tonight!
@Koloss in next build. Just wait.

@rob_webset ok, now you need to know what represents each 'include'. Then put what you need in your xml.
Once I have some free time I'll check it for you.
(2013-11-22, 11:44)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]@Koloss in next build. Just wait.

Define "Just Wait Angel

Can't wait for this... but... Thanks a lot for your effort and for this incredible skin!
Hello,

Short of reading through 90+ pages of responses, is there any way to change the default view?

If I change the current view to 'shelf view' and scroll through a page of movies, when I select 'next page' it default back to 'wide' view. Is there any way to set 'shelf view' (or any other view) to a default so that it doesn't change?

Thanks.