Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-30, 11:51)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 01:05)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to install the latest nightly to get the skin update. A nightly from last week wouldn't do it.

(2013-11-29, 20:53)charlie0440 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for the great work, this skin is awesome. One request the number of media cases seems to have been reduced in one of the updates. I really liked having "Divx" "720p" & "1080p" any chance these could be put back in for the next release please?

I actually really like this update. It only puts covers on my tagged Blu-rays which is what I want.
If it's not intentional is there any chance we can keep it as an option?

EDIT: Now that XBMC has run for a bit longer all the H.264/DivX covers are back again.

If you want your no tagged content (or standard as it's called in the skin) not to show the codecs, just set the label to none in the customize media case menu.

Oh yeah, thanks for that!
(2013-11-30, 01:05)T800 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to install the latest nightly to get the skin update. A nightly from last week wouldn't do it.

(2013-11-29, 20:53)charlie0440 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for the great work, this skin is awesome. One request the number of media cases seems to have been reduced in one of the updates. I really liked having "Divx" "720p" & "1080p" any chance these could be put back in for the next release please?

I actually really like this update. It only puts covers on my tagged Blu-rays which is what I want.

EDIT: Now that XBMC has run for a bit longer all the H.264/DivX covers are back again.

If you want your no tagged content (or standard as it's called in the skin) not to show the codecs, just set the label to none in the customize media case menu.

All my media is tagged in folders my Movies folder has the following subdirectories: "BLURAY" "1080p" "720p" "DVD" "DIVX"

Up until recently they all had the correct media cases which was perfect ie 720p, or Bluray or Divx etc

Now BLURAY, DVD are correct but everything else comes under standard which makes it hard to distinguish.
(2013-11-30, 00:49)cw-kid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-29, 23:40)iblong Wrote: [ -> ]Image
Sorry I am borrowing an image from an earlier post.....My question is: In the same screen on my system they look identical except the background image......What setting, folder or other thing have I not done correctly?
My background image is always the image I use for the background on MUSIC from the home menu screen........

What do you want to do? Have different music artist fanart images displayed for the music menu background?

When you are playing an artist and are on the main music menu, after several seconds the background image(s) should change to that of the currently playing artist etc.

Helo,

Seems I figured it out. If I point my Music directly to the album, then the cover will be rectangular shaped in the main menu widget. However, if I point it back to the default music option, then it will be square shaped. You could try as well.
Another issue I just figured, if I changed the position of the weather and date furniture to top right corner, the player control won't be displayed on the main menu if I played something. The player control will be displayed correctly if I changed the weather and date furniture back to the default position.
(2013-11-30, 13:13)craney Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, would someone be able to help me out with creating playlists? I have added all my source files i.e movies/tv shows/concerts etc and set the content accordingly. I have now also just added a folder called music videos to the video library, the problem is when I set the content to "Music Videos" it adds all the files under the "Concert" menu which I don't really want. I want to put these files in there own menu. I have the same issue with my old football collection dvds I have. If I set the contact to movies they all appear in the movies menu which again I do not want.

I even tried not setting the content and created a playlist pointing to the path where these files were but the playlist didn't find the items

Any idea of how I can achieve this?

Thanks all

You need to set up a playlist for your main movies and concert folders then, so that they don't include the files you have mentioned.

For example: set up a movies playlist using the 'path' 'contains' rule, and browse to your movie folder. Then add that to your main menu and replace the default movies button.

Then, when you enter movies it will only show the files in your movies folder, and not all the movies in your collection.

See here for more info.

(2013-11-30, 14:59)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, why is Add-on:VideoExtras on your first page as supported, but MQ5 is not listed on the add-on page as supported skin?
Christian

You'll have to ask the Video Extras dev. Perhaps they don't know.
(2013-11-30, 15:24)charlie0440 Wrote: [ -> ]

All my media is tagged in folders my Movies folder has the following subdirectories: "BLURAY" "1080p" "720p" "DVD" "DIVX"

Up until recently they all had the correct media cases which was perfect ie 720p, or Bluray or Divx etc

Now BLURAY, DVD are correct but everything else comes under standard which makes it hard to distinguish.

Have you got 'A sticker will be shown in accordance with media codec' enabled for standard content?

In Aeon NOX after queuing items you can select 'Now Playing' from the context menu then shuffle queued items. Anyone know how to do this in MQ5?
(2013-11-30, 16:52)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 14:59)moravec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, why is Add-on:VideoExtras on your first page as supported, but MQ5 is not listed on the add-on page as supported skin?
Christian

Good evening Samu-rai & moravec,

May I ask you what version of XBMC are you using? If it is the official release Frodo, then VideoExtras in MQ5 is supported without issues, however not fully, due to the fact that only the standard extras list is supported; the extras detailed list is not deployed properly and should be avoided. If you are using any other non-official such as Gotham (either alpha or nightlies) you should find issues trying to get the standard extras list to show. A workaround is using the advanced detailed list, which allows somehow to browse the extras and play them, however not the way it was intended to, mainly due to the impossibility for MQ5 to correctly deploy the extras detailed screen yet, which includes a complete list of extras and their watched and resume flags.

VideoExtras uses a custom window to show the advanced extras detailed list, therefore and in order for a skin (different than Confluence) to offer full support for latest VideoExtras, it needs to include a window XML specific to such skin. This window xml is something that will not be included by VideoExtras developer and rather by each skin's developer if they wished.

The latest r130 of VideoExtras adds extras image thumbs and icons to the extras detailed list. There is also a feature that permits skinners to add an overlay or flag against TV Shows or Movies so that you can see if a given selection has any Extras without going into the Information Dialog.

I believe the team at MQ5 seems to be doing an outstanding work at keeping their skin updated and in sync with all main add-ons development. I'd like to think they will be bringing full support and compatibility for VideoExtras latest version pretty soon.
Any plan to make better notification with mq5 ? like nox .. on the top is very quiet ...
Team,

I am unable to see the "Play Disc" button in the Home Screen menu. Any idea on how to enable this feature?
Thanks.
(2013-12-01, 09:13)shivanair Wrote: [ -> ]Team,

I am unable to see the "Play Disc" button in the Home Screen menu. Any idea on how to enable this feature?
Thanks.

When you insert a disc, control icons should appear above the main menu bar.

Press play.

(2013-12-01, 01:00)capfuturo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-30, 16:52)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
Christian

Good evening Samu-rai & moravec,

May I ask you what version of XBMC are you using? If it is the official release Frodo, then VideoExtras in MQ5 is supported without issues, however not fully, due to the fact that only the standard extras list is supported; the extras detailed list is not deployed properly and should be avoided. If you are using any other non-official such as Gotham (either alpha or nightlies) you should find issues trying to get the standard extras list to show. A workaround is using the advanced detailed list, which allows somehow to browse the extras and play them, however not the way it was intended to, mainly due to the impossibility for MQ5 to correctly deploy the extras detailed screen yet, which includes a complete list of extras and their watched and resume flags.

VideoExtras uses a custom window to show the advanced extras detailed list, therefore and in order for a skin (different than Confluence) to offer full support for latest VideoExtras, it needs to include a window XML specific to such skin. This window xml is something that will not be included by VideoExtras developer and rather by each skin's developer if they wished.

The latest r130 of VideoExtras adds extras image thumbs and icons to the extras detailed list. There is also a feature that permits skinners to add an overlay or flag against TV Shows or Movies so that you can see if a given selection has any Extras without going into the Information Dialog.

I believe the team at MQ5 seems to be doing an outstanding work at keeping their skin updated and in sync with all main add-ons development. I'd like to think they will be bringing full support and compatibility for VideoExtras latest version pretty soon.

Hi capfuturo

I don't actually use this add-on (yet).

I'm sure however, that should Marcos see your post, he would make and changes he feels necessary.

Thanks for the info and clarification.
@Marcos
Quick question. Every time when i open info panel for movies/series i'm getting message saying: No extras found
How to disable this?

It needs a extra remote click to proceed.
(2013-11-30, 11:58)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]A question about themes though.

I know you can chose "random" for themes.
But i have 2 sort of themes

- Themes for special holidays like christmas, halloween etc etc
- Themes for normal use...

Is there a way for aeon skin to auto-use the themes for holidays (say 4 weeks in front of the specific holiday based on date till that date is passed), and then for the remaining days/months in the year, use random for the themes placed in "themes normal use"

That would rock !

Marcos if you have time to answer...
I can't find it in the thread but what exactly is the option cinema ex?
I don't see any difference between normal play and cinema ex play.
@mgmcube, you need configure cinema experience add-on first.