Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did someone try the live-tv feature?
I have tve pvr tvheadend add-on enabled, but the whole system crashes randomly when I change channell.
(2014-01-27, 14:25)dongioia Wrote: [ -> ]Did someone try the live-tv feature?
I have tve pvr tvheadend add-on enabled, but the whole system crashes randomly when I change channell.

I'll try to use tvheadend 3.9.373 as suggested Packet Loss and let you know the result.

M
I use mythtv pvr add-on with this setup for weeks without a single issue. YMMV though.
Same here with vdr + vnsi. All okay, never had an issue.
FWIW, I'm using tvheadend 3.5.247 with a system built with the instructions from this thread. Works like a charm. No issues whatsoever.

Ian
(2014-01-27, 17:54)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Same here with vdr + vnsi. All okay, never had an issue.

I'm struggling to get the XBMC VDR plugin to talk to the backend, complaining of protocol version mismatch:

Code:
Jan 27 17:06:58 LISA vdr: [17746] VNSI-Error: Client 'XBMC Media Center' have a not allowed protocol version '3', terminating client

I've tried updating both the XBMC plugin and the plugin for VDR from the git repository (https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/) but despite success this seems to produce the same error.

Do you have any tips or tricks for getting yours working?
No need to update. Install the server and the plugin from the repository this ppa here in thread provides.
(2014-01-27, 20:02)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No need to update. Install the server and the plugin from the repository this ppa here in thread provides.

Bah I was an idiot, I'd built some VM's to save me running downstairs to the HTPC to test stuff and of course they were default installed (aka not running Gotham).

Now I'm running Gotham all is well :/
(2014-01-27, 05:35)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 20:16)fireblade954 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-26, 19:46)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - new installation, have fun :-)

HAHA i was doing everything through SSH (system is at friends house)
But i just called and somehow its running smooth Rofl and everything seems to work. So ill just leave it like this as hes happy.
wierd thing is DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo or DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo still dont work ConfusedTongue

when you do SSH, you won't get anything because you don't have actual control of the DISPLAY
you just have to do a pastebinit command (see HOW-TO on the first post) to see what the results are.

Yes i know but it should atleast do something, my own machine for example when i do this through ssh:

DISPLAY=:0 glxinfo
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyError: unable to open display :0

But on my friends machine it wont show anything after the command doesnt ouput anything and have to kill the command with CTRL+C.
But doesnt matter as he says its running fine and smooth so ill just leave it be for now Nod
Wrong user. Please follow the howto, thx.
(2014-01-27, 18:07)ian-ep Wrote: [ -> ]FWIW, I'm using tvheadend 3.5.247 with a system built with the instructions from this thread. Works like a charm. No issues whatsoever.

Ian

I'm using tvheademd 3.9.373~g55c2bbb. I'll try a downgrade.
thanks
Hi all. What a great thread! It helped a lot!

After various failed tries with Windows/XBMCbuntu/openSuSE I managed to get XBMC running on my little fanless Shuttle xs35gs-v3l. And it runs so smothly... :-)

One last issue I'vo got with the sound which is mono only:

root@xbmc:~# amixer
Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]

Does anybody know how to switch to 5.1 ?
THX!
That's not mono ... check xbmc audio settings.
Having issues with VDPAU playback after some recent mesa git updates. If i have the vdpau mixer option on, playback loops over a few frames, skips a few seconds then loops again etc. Sound is fine (i have pulseaudio support disabled). This build was working well until i updated mesa. mpv with vdpau for example is working as before.

logs:
http://pastebin.com/x402U3gw

H/W is A8-6500 with Radeon HD 8570D. I compiled from git everything - kernel, mesa, drm, xf86-ati and xbmc (base system is Debian Testing 64 bit with xfce4).
Yeah - bugs.freedesktop.org is the place to go. Looks like: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73191