Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol.

xbmc builds internally on its own ffmpeg fork. You won't win anything when you install that external one. The bumped ffmpeg based version of fernetmenta brings a lot of improvements: VC-1 interlaced runs without artifacts in software, HEVC (h265) is accelerated multithreaded.
Ah gotcha... guess I showed my noob colors there Big Grin

Thanks for the help!
(2014-04-09, 18:23)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Lol.
HEVC (h265) is accelerated.

did I miss something? Rolleyes
multithreaded I meant of course.
oki, and more importantly - it actually works, while it doesn't with mainline
Little update on my side: almost everything is work now. It seemed my television (a panasonic one), with DUTCH menu, is calling overscan: beeldscan.... (something like imagescan). I totally overlooked that one Smile

Funny thing left is if i switch to the high resolution console, i see a double login prompt (one on good position and one more to the right), like it is rendered twice Smile
But hey, I almost never use that one only looks funny.
Hi,
I was running with both PPA's as described in the OP, but I want to keep my HTPC on a 'stable' version so I switched to
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu saucy main
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/wsnipex/mesa/ubuntu saucy main
and now it's worse.

Could you recommend me a mesa/xbmc PPA that works with radeon (as described in the OP) but is stable?
I usually can fix the problems (I check the dumps and update/restart xbmc or whatever) but I'm not a lot on my house lately and my family is having troubles with the HTPC.

Thanks
Wait for trusty. See the op.
Visited the first post in this thread after a long absence and noticed that the instructions have moved from raring to trusty. I am still running the old raring version and it is relatively stable. Is there any reason to erase and start over with trusty, or should I just wait until the release of gotham to sort of get back into the mainline distro? These changes are being included in gotham, right? Will I have to compile from source or just add an alternate PPA to get it? Thanks!
there are zero updates for raring since a few months. Its deprecated.
ok, so the question is, should I install this new trusty version or the beta of gotham? I think it was mentioned earlier that these changes are already in gotham, no?
Hi,
I've just checked Lubuntu 14.04 beta2.
Both my computer and my htpc are lubuntu as I need a real desktop.
Lubuntu 14.04 b2 comes with kernel 3.13.0, I guess it's quite useless.
What about the mini iso you are soggesting? Has it the same obsolete kernel?
Yes, but why don't you simply update it to 3.14?
(2014-04-10, 16:55)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I've just checked Lubuntu 14.04 beta2.
Both my computer and my htpc are lubuntu as I need a real desktop.
Lubuntu 14.04 b2 comes with kernel 3.13.0, I guess it's quite useless.
What about the mini iso you are soggesting? Has it the same obsolete kernel?

Don't mix this up. Ubuntu has its own numbering 3.13.0-xx is rebased on 3.13.x. Last week this has been 3.13.8
Hi,

I've got a xbmc crash from time tot time when switching channels using vdpau for radeon.

I'm using OE 4.0, Is there any way to gather the xbmc crash logs?
I know it was not possible in 3.2,but a lot has changed under the hood of OE apparently.

system:
-AMD radeon 6350
-OE 4.0 nightly from 3 days ago
-vdpau video mixer and mpeg4 decoding enabled