Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3.13 works really fine on e350. You can use that.
Ok, thx, I will test it
(2013-12-10, 12:45)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]3.13 works really fine on e350. You can use that.

Not on all hardware unfortunately. On my AMD demo board, 3.13-RC3 doesn't even bring X11 and fails enabling UVD. With same user land, 3.12.3 X11 works (still no UVD).
(2013-12-10, 09:53)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that was a mistake, you now have a full blown ubuntu Desktop with pulseaudio, compiz and all running. Which highly interfers with the rest of the howto, especially the upstart script, cause it starts a second xserver. Please retry with the guide, I can show you how to install a light window manager after it runs succesful.

Thanks. Really appreciate your efforts.
So just to clear, the mini-iso install can include Basic Ubuntu (for the command line tools etc.) SSHd and Samba., but no Desktops. Right?
@vmstek: Yes

@EricV: That bugs need filing at bugs.freedesktop.org
(2013-12-10, 15:56)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]@vmstek: Yes

@EricV: That bugs need filing at bugs.freedesktop.org

Sure. I'm currently respinning a Zotac AD02 board to see if same setup brings different result (not been upgraded for more than a year so will take some time).
(2013-12-10, 02:15)VanillaXtract Wrote: [ -> ]Out of the drm-intel-nightly, do we:

Code:
wget http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/drm-intel-nightly/current/linux-image-3.13.0-994-generic_3.13.0-994.201312090431_amd64.deb
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/drm-intel-nightly/current/linux-headers-3.13.0-994_3.13.0-994.201312090431_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i *3.13.0*deb

good ?uestion...
i've been getting all 3 files for the x86_64

did it work with just the two files for you?
Use all three. You won't be ably to build kernel modules without the generic headers package.
(2013-12-10, 06:23)VanillaXtract Wrote: [ -> ]@pyrodex try changing your grub to this. You won't have to guess your menu entry. If it's not displayed then select previous Linux version.
Code:
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true
I change my timeouts to -1 to make it stay up regardless. Select the option you want, then change your timeout back to normal.

i like that! thanks!
Tried the nightly drm intel build from yesterday and still encountered the same bug from http://paste.ubuntu.com/6547175/. My DENHTPC doesn't exhibit this issue and I plan to reconnect the Griffin between the TV and the BEDHTPC when I get back from my business trip to see if this resolves the issue.
Make sure to file that bug, if not already done. It must be tracked upstream.
(2013-12-10, 18:57)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure to file that bug, if not already done. It must be tracked upstream.

freedesktop.org right?
Disabling DPM via the kernel seems to have removed the spew of logging. I think with the device not having the unit on and running causes DPM to go haywire and keeps restarting the GPU.
@pyrodox: bugs.freedesktop.org - that must be tracked down there, if we all want a perfect 3.13 kernel.
i guess it would be labelled a bug under DRM/Radeon on freedesktop.org.