Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-03-27, 21:19)sheni7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-24, 02:44)Calum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-01, 03:27)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
first - sorry for the late reply. I'm just too busy last weeks.
Netflix changed some small thing on login, so the addon wasn't working for new users.
To fix this, change line 473 of default.py to:
Code:
content = opener.open("http://movies.netflix.com/Login").read()

I'll try to answer/solve the other questions/problems (and release an update) next week...

Greetings,
asde

I'm sure there's how to on this, and I hate that this is my first post, but could you point me in the right direction to learn how to make that change? I'm having an issue with your addon and it seems to be the exact same problem. Thanks for the hard work!

I am running the latest version on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2. I opened the plugin.video.netflixbmc folder and did not find the "default.py" file that I am meant to edit. How do I find it. Thanks. Also when selected the multiple user open I just get a black box come up on the screen with the question "Who is watching?" written on top. However, there is no profile list for me to choose from. When I click escape I am then brought to the Netflix menu. However when I select an open I keep getting a script error. When I select single user I go straight into the Netflix menu but when I select an option I am told that I am not logged which brought me to this solution which I am having a problem applying to this add-on.

Scratch this request. I don't know how but I was able to run a search and found the file. I edited it and now everything works great!
im running gothem and followed the instructions to the letter i go and log in and then get the screen my list, viewing activity ect and get a msg "could not connect to network server"

and pop up in lower right "you are not logged in restart the addon"....

any ideas

cheers
Taza
BUMP
When I try to install the plugin nothing is listed in the repo. Is this a known issue? What am I doing wrong? I am on xbmcbuntu 12.2 frodo.
Right click on the repo and select force refresh.
I being trying to get Netflix to work in different OS from Xp to windows 8 and do not work different PC and do not work fallowing instructions and do not work AND THIS ONE IS ANOTHER WAITS OF TIME BECAUSE DO NOT WORK
(2014-03-31, 02:17)q4061 Wrote: [ -> ]I being trying to get Netflix to work in different OS from Xp to windows 8 and do not work different PC and do not work fallowing instructions and do not work AND THIS ONE IS ANOTHER WAITS OF TIME BECAUSE DO NOT WORK

Clearly, the problem here is the addon...
I am running XBMC version number 12.3 Frodo on Mac OSX 10.9.2 with NetfliXBMC 1.2.5. I have installed NetfliXBMC as instructed but even after enabling, disabling the add on and toggling between Safari and Chrome, I continue to get the "You are not logged in. Restart the add on." message. I have gone through most of these posts and followed any hints to solving this but any help would be appreciative. Really looking forward to trying this out.
(2014-03-31, 23:02)Atomic1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am running XBMC version number 12.3 Frodo on Mac OSX 10.9.2 with NetfliXBMC 1.2.5. I have installed NetfliXBMC as instructed but even after enabling, disabling the add on and toggling between Safari and Chrome, I continue to get the "You are not logged in. Restart the add on." message. I have gone through most of these posts and followed any hints to solving this but any help would be appreciative. Really looking forward to trying this out.

I am having the same issue using Chrome and was looking forward to using it as well

Taza
I had this problem & can confirm that the fix at the top of this page works (for me).
The python script took some finding tho - it can be found in <USER>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc

It does require alt-tabbing to the browser window & maximising as I'm left with just the desktop showing when the video starts.

Many thanks to the author - it's looks good; really good.
Thank you there was no location on that top post just just dismissed it.

I'll test it out tonight

Cheers
Taza
PapaJupe, Dark Volker, and everyone else having the error log with the "\profile" "no such directory of file" problem:

I had that exact same problem and I was able to fix it by:

1. Uninstall netflixbmc
2. close xbmc
3. open xbmc
4. reinstall netflixbmc
5. exit xbmc
6. alter line 473 of default.py again and save
7. restart xbmc
8. make sure your user info is correct in the netflixbmc config
9. start add-on

I did this and it gave the ability to choose my profile and view entries on my playlists
update plz

great app
Thank you for pointing out the fix to the default.py file. I am able to now scroll through movies and tv shows. TV shows work and launch correctly however, whenever I attempt to play a movie, and only a movie, I get the following error: "Error Script Failed!: plugin.video.netflixbmc" I tried a number of things such as clearing cache, deleting cookies, restarting xbmc, enabling, disabling but with no luck. Would following the directions that you have outline b33bl3br0x possibly solve the problem? Or is this thought to be an entirely different issue?
No it doesn't atomic, What you can do however is to highlight the title you want and right click (or press "C") and choose "continue watching" even if it's a movie you've never started before it should work.