Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-05-30, 17:25)douglask Wrote: [ -> ]The current builds of Chrome and Chromium no longer support Mozilla style plugins. The Linux version of this most excellent add-on relies exclusively on Chrome. Currently this add-on is unusable on a Linux system using a current version of Chrome or Chromium.

Are there plans to either run Pipelight fullscreen without using Chrome or to allow the usage of Firefox with it? I realize there are bugs when using it with FF, but some or occasional functionality would be better than no functionality, IMHO.
This is a major problem. The addon no longer functions on linux, at all. Not through any fault of the developer's, but still-- the only real solution is to change it to work with firefox.
Which systems can handle a smooth HD experience with this Add-on? I have an old Atom 330 where it's a definite no-go, with crazy choppy video. I was considering upgrading anyway and was thinking about the Intel NUC line, specifically the D34010. Would this work? I assume the app is purely run by the CPU due to Chrome/Silverlight? Is there any way to use HW decoding?
The new hierarchy is better than Netflix's own all mix up, in my opinion.

So far "Genres" , in the Movies section is working. I also tried the TV Shows section and found a problem:
When viewing "All shows" the Next Page always comes back to the same page. Since only 50 TV shows are displayed per page, I believe this is some sort of bug, since there are probably more than 50 TV shows in Netflix.
Also on TV shows "HD only" every next page contains fewer and fewer items, first page 20, second page 15, third page 9, fourth page 6. That's strange.

Still on Frodo 12.3
I get the following error message when I try and watch anything. Anyone any idea how to resolve it (Win7 XBMC Gotham 3.1)

PHP Code:
11:40:07 T:1088   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>

Error ContentsNo JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Wakey\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"line 880in <module>

listSeasons(nameurlthumb)

File "C:\Users\Wakey\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"line 259in listSeasons
                                                content 
json.loads(content)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py"line 338in loads

return _default_decoder.decode(s)

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py"line 365in decode
                                                obj
end self.raw_decode(sidx=_w(s0).end())

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py"line 383in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError
("No JSON object could be decoded")

ValueErrorNo JSON object could be decoded

-->End of Python script error report<--
11:40:07 T:6348   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Saved%20by%20the%20Bell&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cWakey%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70142360.jpg&url=70142360
11:40:07 T:6348   ERRORCGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listSeasons&name=Saved%20by%20the%20Bell&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cWakey%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70142360.jpg&url=70142360) failed 
1.2.8 is completely broken for me, it auto updated, 1.2.7 worked, cant play any video, have tried 'reset' as per the instructions but hasn't helped
The language settings in the XML changed worked for VPN so thankyou.

However, for some reason my My List I cannot add to. Also the artwork is wrong. For example ALL the different Law & Orders show the same artwork. I have tried clearing the cache and resetting nd even reinstalling and deleting the addon and user addon folder but the mylist stays. Any ideas?

Thanks
I just returned to this plugin after when it was first released and I couldn't get it to work. It seems to works pretty well now on OSX with Chrome (and cclick). Yeah!

I normally use my apple remote for XBMC but when using this plugin I switch to Rowmote on my iPhone so I can control Netflix. The one issue I have is when I quit Chrome with Rowmote it "sort of" returns to XBMC, but not fully; meaning that the dock is still visible and Apple Remote clicks don't work. In order to regain function I have to switch to another app (usually Finder) and then back to XBMC. This can all be done on the Rowmote app but takes several additional clicks. I was wondering if there was a cleaner solution available or if anyone had any tips to make a more streamlined transition back to XBMC.

Much thanks to the dev of this plugin for great work! If only we could get a proper Netflix plugin from Netflix itself now that we have binary add ons.

Slightly related question: since there is seemingly a browser requirement to get Netflix to work properly could a plugin integrate a open source web browser like Webkit as a workaround?
Okay, so as it has already been said Chrome 35 depreciated NPAPI, causing Pipelight to fail. Read about that on their launchpad here.
This could be a potential fix worth trying, to downgrade to the last known working version of Chrome. Obviously, this isn't the best option as far as security is concerned, but this comment contains a dl to that version. Proceed at your own risk, but I figured it might be worth a shot.
(2014-06-09, 00:27)nathantaylor Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so as it has already been said Chrome 35 depreciated NPAPI, causing Pipelight to fail. Read about that on their launchpad here.
This could be a potential fix worth trying, to downgrade to the last known working version of Chrome. Obviously, this isn't the best option as far as security is concerned, but this comment contains a dl to that version. Proceed at your own risk, but I figured it might be worth a shot.

Who is this a reply to?
(2014-06-09, 00:34)desepticon Wrote: [ -> ]Who is this a reply to?

Not anyone in particular, but I thought it would interest/help some. This might help you, perhaps.
has anyone been able to use this in conjunction with the "MCERemote" addon? I cannot get any remote mappings to work. MCERemote will send "ctrl+shit+p" for "play". I have cannot map that in the key mapping program. Anyone had luck with a MCE remote?
Im getting what looks to be the same errors as Wakey:

Code:
20:57:59 T:1548   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Cory\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 862, in <module>
                                                listVideos(url, type)
                                              File "C:\Users\Cory\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 113, in listVideos
                                                setProfile()
                                              File "C:\Users\Cory\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py", line 554, in setProfile
                                                opener.open("https://api-global.netflix.com/desktop/account/profiles/switch?switchProfileGuid="+token)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 410, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 523, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 448, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 531, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
20:57:59 T:4600   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fWiHD%3fdev%3dPC%26pn%3d1%26np%3d1%26actionMethod%3djson
20:57:59 T:4600   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listVideos&thumb&type=tv&url=http%3a%2f%2fmovies.netflix.com%2fWiHD%3fdev%3dPC%26pn%3d1%26np%3d1%26actionMethod%3djson) failed
I was wondering, would it be possible to use the windows 8.1 netflix app as a player?
(2014-06-10, 21:18)marsilainen Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, would it be possible to use the windows 8.1 netflix app as a player?

presumably you would just launch that app (use the program launcher instead of netflixbmc) and use it for navigating shows/movies and watching the content. It won't be as clean for switching between the app and xbmc though. The netflix app does have some advantages - you'll get Super HD quality (web browsers are currently limited to 720P - though that is likely changing soon as silverlight is phased out).

On the downside, the windows 8.1 app has zero support for remotes/keyboards, so unless you're using xbmc with something that can control the mouse pointer you're out of luck.
(2014-06-10, 21:23)damonbrodie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-10, 21:18)marsilainen Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, would it be possible to use the windows 8.1 netflix app as a player?

presumably you would just launch that app (use the program launcher instead of netflixbmc) and use it for navigating shows/movies and watching the content. It won't be as clean for switching between the app and xbmc though. The netflix app does have some advantages - you'll get Super HD quality (web browsers are currently limited to 720P - though that is likely changing soon as silverlight is phased out).

On the downside, the windows 8.1 app has zero support for remotes/keyboards, so unless you're using xbmc with something that can control the mouse pointer you're out of luck.

If there is a way to pass the video id/link to the app and it loads it the i think it should be doable. The app itself can be launched via link or shortcut and i have made a autohotkey script for that purpose. It does have some very basic support for keyboard and i have setup it so that i can use it with my xbox controller. Netflix on ie works without silverlight and the quality is very good but unfortunately, the new html5 player has no keyboard controls at all.