Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help us solving the AirPlay issue when using iOS7 devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Using iTunes on Windows (we for example use the mdns implementation from apple too on windows thats why you need to install the "Bonjour Print Services for Windows" or iTunes (which brings the bonjour service with it). Its a common thing Wink
-EDIT- Forget about it. It only worked twice.
I'm a massive noob at this.

But Im using an iPhone 5 on 7.0.4 jailbroken.

I installed xbmc testbuild 7 via ifile

I don't know how to copy and past the code into xml.

But what I'm trying to do is to stream this onto my boxee box.

If anyone knows about boxee box, whenever I choose boxee box for airplay while in xbmc, it just plays the audio.

What can I do? Thanks!
@Memphiz is there going to be a build with FairPlay support?
Could you make the front page more simple, maybe highlight builds you need help with... Currently with all those builds its confusing.Confused
Where should that build with fairplay support come from? Nobody knows how fairplay works? (did i talk to a wall at some point? *really wonders atm*).

I am out of ideas atm tbh. There is no effort found anywhere on the net which would lead to the conclusion that fairplay hacking is worked on. So i have no clue how a proper fix for xbmc should look like.

With all that randomness i don't feel in a position to make a good decision. This might be the start of the dead end of airplay for ios7 users - i don't know. Frustrating i know. (for me too - i didn't sleep much in the last days because of this apple shit - and i believe those who where that active here in helping testing wheren't either ... for what?)
may you can go in contact with the devoloper of rplay

http://www.vmlite.com/index.php?option=c...3&id=10991
This is commercial. If someone of the userbase wants to contact them and ask for the code - feel free. I will not do that out of my principal. You could ask the airserver devs too - same commercial stuff.
Folks. As you can see, Memphiz is doing everything he can within his ability to bring things up.

I recommend (for everyone's good, and this is my own personal opinion only), that if you're not technically inclined (and by that, I don't mean using gadgets, but rather, have coded in a team environment so that you can at least walk through some of the answer yourself, instead of asking fully blindly) to please hold off on some of the posts that are appearing (good examples right here on page 22). Maybe ask in the Feature Request forum.

hint: "one trick" commercial software such as this, generally doesn't release their code, because then they've got nothing to sell you.
(2014-01-11, 10:01)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]But we can test how it behaves with only the airplay announcement - delaying the airtunes announce after wards and even splitting both up would be working. (the latter results in 2 targets for each xbmc instance and i would really like to prevent this Sad ).

Any chance of getting that build with the airtunes server disabled? This seemed like a trivial change briefly looking at that commit that started airplay after airtunes a few days ago, but I can't find it anymore... so, apologies if it's not feasible

Assuming video (and photos) still work with the airtunes component disabled, and that's a big assumption, I was imagining that xbmc only run either airplayserver or airtunesserver via a settings option, which should only result in one broadcast target at a time (?), either full (with no audio capability) or audio-only. Ie. turn on airplay video, and xbmc kills airtunesserver (if running) and runs airplayserver. Vice versa for turning on airplay audio. I'd imagine most xbmc airplay users want it primarily for one or the other, and there aren't too many people that need both simultaneously

edit: wouldn't need to be an actual "testbuild", as it should be quick to verify if it's an avenue worth pursuing or not (and likely won't work anyway)
Not working - doesn't even Show up on ios7 (got my dev device today...) when only activating airplayserver
(2014-01-14, 20:29)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Not working - doesn't even Show up on ios7 (got my dev device today...) when only activating airplayserver

Ah well, that's too bad. Thanks for checking!
Hey at least you've got an iOS 7 device now Memphiz... We won't be able to hold you back anymore... Wink
(2014-01-14, 20:29)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]got my dev device today...

Yay, welcome to the mess that is ios 7 Laugh

(2014-01-14, 17:08)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]i didn't sleep much in the last days because of this apple shit

Please don't lose sleep over this Sad
and nobody of you realised that hardware decoding is not working on ios7? *haha* ... holy shit what did apple do ...

PS: kinda hard to realise - at least the A7 seems nearly up to the task to decode 1080p in software ... impressive .. but back to topic - airplay is random for me too now Wink
i assumed you already knew that when you asked for the dev device Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43