Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@vtecatalan. Also make sure those pins are scraped really really well of insulation as some people were not getting a good connection across the pins. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-13, 06:56)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-13, 03:31)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]I have libreelec on a MXQ M12 metal case box and want to put ember on it. What would be the process for doing so. Does anyone have a revert to android file to go from libreELEC to Android or can I flash on EmbER directly??

All original android firmware can be downloaded from
http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/

Thanks AuXBoX that worked like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-11, 15:05)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]It's a matricom gbox g2 and also a minix Neo x8-h plus.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Ed you can try
OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-X8HP-6.0.1.zip

for the Neo X8-H Plus

Nothing for the GBox Q2 yet
(2016-08-14, 01:41)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-11, 15:05)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]It's a matricom gbox g2 and also a minix Neo x8-h plus.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Ed you can try

for the Neo X8-H Plus

Thanks.
Is there anything for JARVIS LibreELEC preferably a dual boot, but if not NAND is good?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-14, 01:58)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 01:41)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Ed you can try

for the Neo X8-H Plus

Thanks.
Is there anything for JARVIS LibreELEC preferably a dual boot, but if not NAND is good?

Sent from my iPhone

Try https://mega.nz/#!nlRmhBrC!T94e24T78o_-V...RRCVAG684k for Jarvis from NAND on X8-H Plus. Nothing for SDCard yet
(2016-08-14, 02:20)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 01:58)ed_davidson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-14, 01:41)AuXBoX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ed you can try

for the Neo X8-H Plus

Sent from my iPhone

Try https://mega.nz/#!nlRmhBrC!T94e24T78o_-V...RRCVAG684k for Jarvis from NAND on X8-H Plus. Nothing for SDCard yet

Thanks ill try it. I looked at the website you linked for Android firmware but nothing comes up for the Neo X8-H Plus.

Any ideas on where to get it apart from googling it?

Regards

Found it http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-...rmware.97/
Thanks.
Kill two bugs with one easy fix for MXQ M12 (metal cased boxes)

I posted a fix for the suspend mode bug, which happened when called from the remote power button, with an edited remote.conf file. See my post #1880 in this thread here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2384516

Well the great news is that it also clears the well known bug that when in the original remote enabled suspend was used then the system clock lost around an hour a day. That of course then required a full cold reboot to reset the clock to correct the time, which of course defeated the big benefit of the suspend hot quick reboot. Well using the edited remote,conf as above, and selecting Suspend from the three options, that gives you what is a normal suspend mode BUT now the clock no longer loses time. I have discovered this after some extensive testing.. This clock bug is NOT an EmbER bug at all as it appears to be the same even in Android so is likely a base box related bug.
(2016-08-13, 10:01)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-12, 19:44)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, and especially to raymw.

I have been busy these last weeks and I have not been able to dedicate time to these tasks.

I followed the advice of raymw, and tried to start clear my box. Comment that I wasn't successful with the closed box, so I had to resort to open it to make a unbrick using pins 6 and 7.
Not in the first attempt, but if after some the more I could enter the menu of android. After this the device left with the LED in red, and however much I try to make the unbrick unsuccessful.

I used the " BootcardMaker.exe " tool to format the SD card and then I followed the steps as such, but I get nothing. I have no HDMI signal.

Someone comes up with something you can be doing incorrectly or that this forgetting some way?

Is recoverable box or can and throw it away?

Thanks for everything.

You say you could get to the main recovery screen Huh If so your box is no longer bricked, if indeed it ever was. Once in recovery screen then do the factory reset and clear cache too as well to be sure. Then you should be able to install EmbER V3.0.1

If you do NOT get to the normal recovery screen, as I was not sure whether you did or not, then you must try to unbrick again a few times taking great care to follow instructions to the letter and using no more than say an 8 GB or better 4GB (as I used) SD card to make the special bootable card. Then make sure that you definitely are shorting those two marked pins 6 and 7 by making sure, with the box switched off, that you clean the pins of any insulation clear coating that may be on them. Don't forget to hold in the recessed reset button the whole time whilst you short the pins and connect the power to the box. You may need an extra set of hands of course or find a way to wedge the reset button in safely (i use a toothpick wedged between the chassis case and the reset button at the back to ensure it is held pressed in),

If it still keeps failing and you get no display on your TV screen at all, then it would seem that your box has damaged hardware, usually as a result of nearby lightening as rarely do these boxes ever fail hardware wise. Cannot help much more only to say that the unbricking procedure if followed to the letter has never failed as long as the ATV1200/1220 box was not hardware damaged. I have unbricked about 10 now both 1200s and 1220s, and other folk have reported full success too.

If you want then you can ship just the box only to me here in Thailand in a suitable jiffy bag with extra bubble wrap for safely. I can then attempt to unbrick it for you, install Ember and return it to you by registered airmail. Please PM me for details as I do offer this service normally just for my non local customers. If it cannot be fixed then clearly it will need binning and your only cost would be your shipping costs to send it here to me. There will be no charge from me if no fix is possible. If fixed then you will need to send me my charges for unbricking and upgrading your box to EmbER with all my latest suite of add-ons and settings, and which includes the EmbER registration fee and return international registered airmail packing and shipping, PM me for details if you want to take advantage of this.

Hello raymw,

I would be interested in sending you my box, as much as I try not get anything with it.
The problem is that the forum does not allow me to send private messages.

What can we do?

Regards
(2016-08-16, 19:29)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]Hello raymw,

I would be interested in sending you my box, as much as I try not get anything with it.

What can we do?

Regards

Check your PM's vtecatalan. Odd that you cannot send PMs but I have given you my email address in the PM so you can reply that way Smile
(2016-08-11, 11:04)macfunk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Folks

Hoping one of you gurus or someone from the dev team can help!
I have a Sumvision branded ATV1200 box which I've been using both the original MX Linux builds and the Ember public builds on for some time and thought it would be good to donate to receive the OTA update of v4.0.
One issue I've had since running the v3.0 build is that the reboot from the shutdown menu and also the reboot to recovery feature in Ember settings doesn't seem to work. When I select reboot from the shutdown menu the screen goes black but doesn't complete the reboot (just seems to hang with the green activity light still on until I physically remove the power supply.)
Also if i select the reboot to recovery or restore to factory settings in the ember system settings menu nothing seems to happen either.
Having donated and gone through the OTA update process at the end of the download when it gets to the reboot cycle image, again nothing happens (it just sits on the scrolling image until I either cancel out of the reboot or pull the power)
I also can't boot into recovery mode from powerup (holding in the reset) it boots to startup everytime I've tried.

Until i fix this issue I won't be able to complete the update to V4 which is quite frustrating!
Also tried re-installing v3.0.1 from scratch (spent a few hours on reverting to the original android firmware, clearing out all userdata in recovery, etc) then re-installed firstly the original MX-Linux build, then Ember 3.0.1 but the issue is still there with the reboot function problem.

Everything else functions perfectly so there just seems to be a corruption or bug with the reboot on my box.
Has anyone else experienced this on an ATV1200 box or similar G02 ref unit?

Thanks in advance

Finally managed to solve the rebooting problem after several different attempts. What eventually worked for me was digging up a copy of the original MyGiga MX 4.1 firmware from a Chinese website. I had been able to get to the android recovery screen (bridging pins & SD boot card method) but somehow ended up getting the box into a reboot cycle where it continually booted into recovery mode from power up. Eventually after trying all the usual techniques and original geniatech firmwares to no avail, I'd just about given up. Just goes to show that the old box is never dead till it's dead! Using the old MyGiga 4.1 files from a bootable SD I was finally able to get the box to boot normally (had to figure out how to change the language settings from Chinese to English which was fun). Next step was to re-install the original MX-Linux firmware and once I had this back the reboot commands were working properly again. Finally got Ember 4.0 working fully and I have to say it's breathed new life into my old ATV1200.

Anyway, thought it was worth posting this should anyone else run into the same issues on their ATV1200.
Cheers
(2016-08-17, 09:43)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]

What can we do?

Regards

Check your PM's vtecatalan. Odd that you cannot send PMs but I have given you my email address in the PM so you can reply that way Smile

Hello Ray,

Good News (I hope…)

This morning, I tried one last test.
I formatted one SDCard 2 GB with sdmaker.exe and I copied this “official“ mygica firmware inside.
ATV1200/520 4.2 Ver: 20140519 spi+bootTamaño: 252MBFecha versión: 19/05/2014

Now the box boot, but not move from android system recovery.

I have used the "wipe data/ factory reset" option but it immediately boots into recovery mode again.
Is possible that the internal flash memory has become corrupted?

As can I now proceed, first to verify that the unit is OK and then to install Ember?

Thanks.
(2016-08-18, 13:41)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-17, 09:43)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]

What can we do?

Regards

Hello Ray,

Good News (I hope…)

I formatted one SDCard 2 GB with sdmaker.exe and I copied this “official“ mygica firmware inside.

I have used the "wipe data/ factory reset" option but it immediately boots into recovery mode again.

As can I now proceed, first to verify that the unit is OK and then to install Ember?

Thanks.

The unbricking has occurred and from the uboot file you installed with making the SD card utility. So as it will now boot into recovery it should now install teh EmbER V3.0.1 public version of EmbER okay. Once installed you can register, activate and use the OTA update to EmbER 4. Enjoy.

Glad it has worked out for you but let us know that indeed you can now install EmbER okay.
(2016-08-19, 12:45)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-18, 13:41)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-17, 09:43)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]Check your PM's vtecatalan. Odd that you cannot send PMs but I have given you my email address in the PM so you can reply that way Smile

Hello Ray,

Good News (I hope…)

Thanks.

The unbricking has occurred and from the uboot file you installed with making the SD card utility. So as it will now boot into recovery it should now install teh EmbER V3.0.1 public version of EmbER okay. Once installed you can register, activate and use the OTA update to EmbER 4. Enjoy.

Glad it has worked out for you but let us know that indeed you can now install EmbER okay.

Hello again,

After a busy days, I was able to recover this topic .

As I mentioned , I retrieve my box ATV1200 and could reach the android system recovery.
From here, I could install multiple versions of Linux, such as two versions of Mygica: review 20130805 and review: 20131214.
However, when I install ember version 3.01, the installation process appears to start properly, but when reboot after installing fixed red LED (bricked again) and I have to restart the process unbrick.
Why can this happen?

I remember I first tried an old version of Ember that worked well. How I can download any older versions of Ember for testing?

Thanks.
(2016-08-24, 12:04)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-19, 12:45)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-18, 13:41)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Ray,

Good News (I hope…)

Thanks.

Hello again,

As I mentioned , I retrieve my box ATV1200 and could reach the android system recovery.
From here, I could install multiple versions of Linux, such as two versions of Mygica: review 20130805 and review: 20131214.
However, when I install ember version 3.01, the installation process appears to start properly, but when reboot after installing fixed red LED (bricked again) and I have to restart the process unbrick.
Why can this happen?

I remember I first tried an old version of Ember that worked well. How I can download any older versions of Ember for testing?

Thanks.

Well there is a known problem discussed here before with installing EmbER V3 to virgin Android firmware ATV1200/1220 boxes and it always bricks if you do. First you had to install MX Linux compile from Auxbox dated the 14th April 2015 KODI V14.2 Helix, then you could safely install EmbER V3.0.1 on top of that in the normal way. However if you have followed my unbricking method to the letter, then you should have just then installed EmbER V3.0.1 directly to your ATV 1200 box as that will work. Going via installing an old Android firmware version has probably reproduced that virgin box bricking problem.

So to recap what you should now do is to once again unbrick your box to get to the standard recovery screen, run the factory reset option, then simply power off your box (do not reboot) and immediately install EmbER V3.0.1 in the normal way. Once you are up and running and happy EmbER V3.0.1 is all working okay, then simply register and OTA upgrade to the latest and best ever EmbER V4.0.0.

Let us know how you get on.

You should not need it if you follow the above procedure but if you find that you do, then the Auxbox KODI Helix V14.2 MX Linux compile, ( no longer available from this threads front page ) can be downloaded from my Dropbox HERE
(2016-08-24, 12:56)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-24, 12:04)vtecatalan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-08-19, 12:45)raymw Wrote: [ -> ]The unbricking has occurred and from the uboot file you installed with making the SD card utility. So as it will now boot into recovery it should now install teh EmbER V3.0.1 public version of EmbER okay. Once installed you can register, activate and use the OTA update to EmbER 4. Enjoy.

Hello again,

Why can this happen?

Thanks.

Well there is a known problem discussed here before with installing EmbER V3 to virgin Android firmware ATV1200/1220 boxes and it always bricks if you do. First you had to install MX Linux compile from Auxbox dated the 14th April 2015 KODI V14.2 Helix, then you could safely install EmbER V3.0.1 on top of that in the normal way. However if you have followed my unbricking method to the letter, then you should have just then installed EmbER V3.0.1 directly to your ATV 1200 box as that will work. Going via installing an old Android firmware version has probably reproduced that virgin box bricking problem.

So to recap what you should now do is to once again unbrick your box to get to the standard recovery screen, run the factory reset option, then simply power off your box (do not reboot) and immediately install EmbER V3.0.1 in the normal way. Once you are up and running and happy EmbER V3.0.1 is all working okay, then simply register and OTA upgrade to the latest and best ever EmbER V4.0.0.

Let us know how you get on.

You should not need it if you follow the above procedure but if you find that you do, then the Auxbox KODI Helix V14.2 MX Linux compile, ( no longer available from this threads front page ) can be downloaded from my Dropbox HERE

Hello again.

I finally install version 3.0.1 of Ember . I did it previously installed the Helix KODI Auxbox V14.2 MX Linux compile and then all works fine.
After the installation process , I realized activation of the box and I upgraded to version 4..0.0.

Now I am looking for information to see how I can operate my remote control ( model KR60 ). Where I can find the configuration file and which folder copy?

Thanks Raymw without your help would not have been possible.