Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it was version 5.0.4 but it auto updated to V 5.0.5 on 1st Feb and it seems now the problem with some of the music videos (particularly those from VEVO) seems to be fixed. All is working excellently again now thank goodness. The change log shows one fix as VEVO Signature.

So to recap problem was with version 5.0.4
regarding youtube addon, is it possible to get 1080p content working? I have my settings set to 1080 (youtube addon settings), however any 1080p feed I test out is running in 720p only.

update:

I think this is the reason:
http://googlesystem.blogspot.pt/2013/10/...reams.html
I have the ATV1200 and running the kodi 14.0 of linux how do I enter proxy settings
System/Settings/System change settings level to "expert" then use Internet access menu.
(2015-01-26, 20:11)p_turner_uk Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually got one of them back to life. I'm not sure how.... used the revert to 4.1 files but didn't short the pins this time and for some reason it's worked. I will try now on the other atv1200. Many thanks for everyone who helped Smile

The ATV 1800 I'm being charged the same price..... as they were OOS on the 1200.

*update

The other one did come back to life... but refused to finish the android install, it was on a loop. I pulled the SD card and it went to recovery screen, and from there did factory reset / wipe cache. Then tried to load Linux frodo, again it started but would just loop on the install. Restarting itself and trying again.

I will persevere a little longer with it. To be honest I'm just happy I got one of them working.

*further update

Both working now! Thanks guys..... you're a very kind and helpful lot!

Please can you explain step by by step procedure because my box atv520 is bricked and tried everything without any luck....Thanks in advance for your kind help.
I got my first try at A520e today and was extremely disappointed. I tried to flash with the Linux kodi 14.0 FW, but it turned out to be Gotham 13.2.

Since it was loaded, I gave it a shot, but was unable to connect to my wifi network. My access point would not show up in the network-manager 12.0.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

I flashed it back to android, 4.2 and it is running 12.2 frodo right now. Its okay, but seems a bit flakey at times, and I get a lot of buffering.

I'd prefer to get the linux running, because it will boot directly into xvmc so if anyone knows how I can connect to wifi, please advise.
@bobones just to make it clear my objective is to watch usa tv in the uk. So I need primary and secondary dns. How do I enter this and what are the settings within System/Settings/System,Internet setting.

I am using smartdns Proxy I only have the proxy adress no other info

Proxy type. What should this be
Server. I have entered the dns adress supplied by smart dns proxy
Port. What do I enter here it wont let leave it blank
user What should this be
pass What should this be

I also have tried to alter the resolv.conf to the primary dns but no luck kodi just over writes the file on boot
@Coley sorry, no idea
@primecutz =- wifi doesn't work on A520 with gotham and later builds.
thanks any way for the reply however I have the ATV1200 no problems
(2015-02-09, 17:46)coley65 Wrote: [ -> ]@bobones just to make it clear my objective is to watch usa tv in the uk. So I need primary and secondary dns. How do I enter this and what are the settings within System/Settings/System,Internet setting.

I am using smartdns Proxy I only have the proxy adress no other info

Proxy type. What should this be
Server. I have entered the dns adress supplied by smart dns proxy
Port. What do I enter here it wont let leave it blank
user What should this be
pass What should this be

I also have tried to alter the resolv.conf to the primary dns but no luck kodi just over writes the file on boot

Try
1) Open file /etc/resolve.conf using any editor
2) Add your Primary and Secondary DNS ip at the end of the file and it should look like this:- (this is just an example, add the ip address provide by your ISP or your Administrator)

search localhost.localdomain
nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver 199.5.85.203

3) Save the file and exit

you are done
I had no luck with this when I edit the resolve.conf file I get this

# Generated by NetworkManager
domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

I then added to the end

nameserver 123.132.234.156 -->Primary dns from smartdns proxy
nameserver 123.5.85.201 -->Secondary dns from smartdns proxy

So all together it looks like

domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Before reboot the secondary server was filled in on my atv1200
however after reboot the resolv.conf file was re- writtern to

domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Thanks for your help on this and appoloys on my lack of understanding
Coley
(2015-02-10, 01:38)coley65 Wrote: [ -> ]I had no luck with this when I edit the resolve.conf file I get this

domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

I then added to the end

So all together it looks like

domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Before reboot the secondary server was filled in on my atv1200
however after reboot the resolv.conf file was re- writtern to

domain lan
search lan
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Thanks for your help on this and appoloys on my lack of understanding
Coley

Try
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=20505
just to let you know and to thank you for your help that I did it

heres how
I edited the resolv.conf file with the 2 dns server adresses
as you know the network manager over wrote this file on boot. To stop this happening I use this comand through putty.

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

the +i takes care that the file wont be reseted on a boot.

To undo the above

chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf
Great stuff and thanks for the help
(2015-01-26, 20:11)p_turner_uk Wrote: [ -> ]I've actually got one of them back to life. I'm not sure how.... used the revert to 4.1 files but didn't short the pins this time and for some reason it's worked. I will try now on the other atv1200. Many thanks for everyone who helped Smile

The ATV 1800 I'm being charged the same price..... as they were OOS on the 1200.

*update

The other one did come back to life... but refused to finish the android install, it was on a loop. I pulled the SD card and it went to recovery screen, and from there did factory reset / wipe cache. Then tried to load Linux frodo, again it started but would just loop on the install. Restarting itself and trying again.

I will persevere a little longer with it. To be honest I'm just happy I got one of them working.

*further update

Both working now! Thanks guys..... you're a very kind and helpful lot!

Please can you let me know how did you able to fix your atv1200? I am also have same issues like you.