Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NextPVR Client - Connection Lost (APPLE TV2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been searching for hours and no luck.
Jailbroke my first Apple TV 2, installed XBMC via NitoTV from a Windows laptop, but can't seem to connect to most PVR clients.

For instance, NextPVR (the only one enabled).
Have not made any configurations (except enabled Live TV), because I have no idea what, or IF anything, needs to be changed.

Obnoxious bling at the bottom right of the TV says "connection lost" every 10 seconds.
I'm a first-time user of XBMC, trying to experience "Live TV'. Fairly clueless so your help would be heartily appreciated.
XBMC is the client. You need to setup a PVR backend before you can use one of the clients. Have you done that?
(2013-12-26, 18:38)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC is the client. You need to setup a PVR backend before you can use one of the clients. Have you done that?

I'm gonna say I haven't. I only installed Nito and XBMC. But you're giving me some hope now... could you PLEASE guide me? Thank you.
The NextPVR backend needs to installed on a Windows PC on your network. You don't install it on your Apple TV.

Your PC needs to have a TV Tuner attached, and the appropriate type of TV signal (satellite, cable etc)

You can find the installer, and instructions on the nextpvr.com website.
is there anyway to find the proper configuration for this i am not able to get my apple tv2 to connect to my windows media center pc, i am also using a ceton pci card with a cable card
(2014-04-18, 00:16)greedynerd Wrote: [ -> ]is there anyway to find the proper configuration for this i am not able to get my apple tv2 to connect to my windows media center pc, i am also using a ceton pci card with a cable card
NextPVR supports other cablecard devices like the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime and Hauppauge DCR-2350. It doesn't support the Ceton devices.