Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-05, 19:11)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Yet me know if you find a way of reproducing this. Was it definitely xbmc's memory usage that had increased (rather than some other process)?

Sorry, forgot to check that, will investigate more thoroughly if it happens again. So far it's behaving itself!
(2014-02-05, 19:08)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-05, 16:01)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice if the Play button did the same thing though, as we have the OK/Enter button for navigating down through the folders and I believe Play works to play the folder contents in other contexts (i.e. where movies are in individual folders and Music folders).

You want to enable stacking, which in gotham is now "Combine split video items" in settings/video/file lists.

Got it, thanks. I thought stacking was something that was meant to be in the pop-up menu and I only saw Flatten there. Blush
(2014-02-05, 18:36)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]@schub

I don't know if it's relevant to DVB-C, as I use a DVB-T stick but I had constant continuity errors as well until I disabled Idle Scanning and Full Mux Reception, so you could try that maybe.

Thank you for your suggestions. But disabling full mux reception and disable idle scanning did not solve the problem.
I have the feeling, that it could be a problem with this model of DVB-C stick, but who knows.

Best regards,
On my system I noticed that the time stamp of zipped log files is one hour earlier than when they are actually created.
The log files on my system are timestamped correctly.

What do you see if you do
Code:
date ; date -u
hi,

I'm making progress but stil not there...
I have some question, i used the search tool but could not find an answer.
1- I tried to install a USB stick (bought the sandisk extreme 64gb) but i replaced this line boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh
in the cmdline by boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh and it did not work.
I understood that sda1 could be different depending on the systems, buy how do i find the right one?

2- Tried to upgrade to the latest Milhouse build by putting KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 in the upgrade folder (wich i had to create) but it did not upgrade, i tried the auto setting, the manual setting without succes. What is the easiest way to upgrade?

NOte: Remember i'm a windows user.

Thanks
I'm trying to figure out what version to use for judder-free playback of both normal avis and packed bitstream ones.

Official 3.2.4 does play packed bitstream files normal and unpacked bitreamed with judder.
Latest rbej frodo and milhouse gotham builds play packed bitstream files with judder and normal files judder-free.

It all has to do with incorrect timestamps as popcornmix suggested a while back and he proposed a fix to ignore these timestamps. Is there a fix for the official 3.2.4 (preferred solution) or a version that plays both types correctly?

The reason for the prefered solution to work in official 3.2.4 is because I don't want to upgrade databases since I have a mysql setup.
(2014-02-06, 19:45)vprasinos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to figure out what version to use for judder-free playback of both normal avis and packed bitstream ones.

Official 3.2.4 does play packed bitstream files normal and unpacked bitreamed with judder.
Latest rbej frodo and milhouse gotham builds play packed bitstream files with judder and normal files judder-free.

It all has to do with incorrect timestamps as popcornmix suggested a while back and he proposed a fix to ignore these timestamps. Is there a fix for the official 3.2.4 (preferred solution) or a version that plays both types correctly?

The reason for the prefered solution to work in official 3.2.4 is because I don't want to upgrade databases since I have a mysql setup.

I've done some work on this and it's looking promising. May be ready in a few days.
Might be able to get it to work with just a firmware update, so it could help 3.2.4 build.
(2014-02-06, 19:15)jpcolin Wrote: [ -> ]1- I tried to install a USB stick (bought the sandisk extreme 64gb) but i replaced this line boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh
in the cmdline by boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh and it did not work.
I understood that sda1 could be different depending on the systems, buy how do i find the right one?
Did you create a single partition on the USB stick and format it with an ext3 file system? You'll need to use something like Minitool Partition Wizard under Windows: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-part...nager.html

(2014-02-06, 19:15)jpcolin Wrote: [ -> ]2- Tried to upgrade to the latest Milhouse build by putting KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 in the upgrade folder (wich i had to create) but it did not upgrade, i tried the auto setting, the manual setting without succes. What is the easiest way to upgrade?
Be more specific than "it did not upgrade". Did you see errors when you rebooted the Pi?
If you needed to create the update folder you're probably doing something wrong because it should be created for you automatically.

Are the PI and your Windows computer connected to the same network? What happens if you Start/Run "\\OPENELEC\Update" on Windows? You should see an empty folder. Put your KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 files in there.

@MilHouseVH - Is this the correct place for this kind of discussion?

M
(2014-02-06, 19:55)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-06, 19:45)vprasinos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to figure out what version to use for judder-free playback of both normal avis and packed bitstream ones.

I've done some work on this and it's looking promising. May be ready in a few days.
Might be able to get it to work with just a firmware update, so it could help 3.2.4 build.

Thanks man, looking forward to this. However is there a special milhouse previous build that can do this? I recall having seen it somewhere that a fix of yours was included, but then dropped in later builds...
Markius,

Thank for your answer, yes i did create a single EXt4 partition on the USB, the problem is really the sda1 i think, i read tha tit can be sad2 or even something else, how do i find this?

regarding the update i put KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 in the upgrade folder (wich i had to create) restarted, and nothing happens, no error and no upgrade but it did not upgrade, but it is stil on the same build
Pi and win machine are on the same network. i will try:Start/Run "\\OPENELEC\Update"

I knwo it might not be the right place, but i'm using milhouse build and did not find anything with the search tool, i would behappy to post somewhere else if you tell me where.

Thanks

(2014-02-06, 20:29)markius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-06, 19:15)jpcolin Wrote: [ -> ]1- I tried to install a USB stick (bought the sandisk extreme 64gb) but i replaced this line boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh
Did you create a single partition on the USB stick and format it with an ext3 file system? You'll need to use something like Minitool Partition Wizard under Windows: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-part...nager.html

(2014-02-06, 19:15)jpcolin Wrote: [ -> ]2- Tried to upgrade to the latest Milhouse build by putting KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 in the upgrade folder (wich i had to create) but it did not upgrade, i tried the auto setting, the manual setting without succes. What is the easiest way to upgrade?
Be more specific than "it did not upgrade". Did you see errors when you rebooted the Pi?
If you needed to create the update folder you're probably doing something wrong because it should be created for you automatically.

Are the PI and your Windows computer connected to the same network? What happens if you Start/Run "\\OPENELEC\Update" on Windows? You should see an empty folder. Put your KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 files in there.

@MilHouseVH - Is this the correct place for this kind of discussion?

M
Name the partition EXT4
Code:
Storage
and change to
Code:
disk=LABEL=Storage

Here's the proper way to do it if you want to know...
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...-right-way

My advice is to also disable journaling on EXT4.
(2014-02-06, 20:29)markius Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you Start/Run "\\OPENELEC\Update" on Windows? You should see an empty folder. Put your KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5 files in there.

M

A windows explorer popsup with the folder of the Rpi, now i see the update folder so i wil try to put 4 files in it and see hwo it works, i think it should be fine now, thanks
(2014-02-06, 22:10)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]My advice is to also disable journaling on EXT4.

Where can you do that?

I am running on a Pi with USB/SD (Storage/System)
(2014-02-06, 22:10)xbs08 Wrote: [ -> ]My advice is to also disable journaling on EXT4.

Good tip! Something like this (assuming the USB stick is /dev/sda1)?:

Code:
systemctl stop xbmc
systemctl stop connman
umount /storage
tune4fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sda1
reboot

M