Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rbej 01.11
is this just for me ?

i canĀ“t see pvr channel logos
maybe gotham frodo database conflict ?
Hello !

I like very much the Gotham release dated 09.10, this is super fast and stable to me. Thanks a lot guys Cool
The only problem i have right now is that this version does not allow to automatically adapt the receiver frequency to the video. If I set up the TV to 24p and my video is 25 fps, I have obviously frame drops. In frodo release there is an option to change this automatically at the opening of each videos.

Or maybe I miss something ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
(2013-11-01, 20:28)jeuf37 Wrote: [ -> ]I like very much the Gotham release dated 09.10, this is super fast and stable to me. Thanks a lot guys Cool
The only problem i have right now is that this version does not allow to automatically adapt the receiver frequency to the video. If I set up the TV to 24p and my video is 25 fps, I have obviously frame drops. In frodo release there is an option to change this automatically at the opening of each videos.

Or maybe I miss something ?

Settings/Video/playback. Set "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" to "on start/stop".
If that setting is not visible, then you want to change the settings level to expert.
That will either be in the side bar (press left from settings screen) or on newer builds at the bottom of settings page.
Thank you so much popcornmix ! Rofl
I did not see that we could change system settings to expert or advanced Blush
It now works great.

Last thing Big Grin i cannot manage to make the pi to switch my Tv to 3d mode, I have to do it manually. Whereas it worked great with frodo builds. Is this known on Gotham?
(2013-11-01, 21:18)jeuf37 Wrote: [ -> ]Last thing Big Grin i cannot manage to make the pi to switch my Tv to 3d mode, I have to do it manually. Whereas it worked great with frodo builds. Is this known on Gotham?

Yes, Gotham tree doesn't support this yet. It is supported in my newclock3 patches, so you might want to try a newclock3 build. I think Milhouse did one last week.
I'll take a look at these builds, thx so much for your support !
I installed OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(01.11.2013)
Did not change the firmware (looks to be up-to-date)

followed javaboyuk advice:
Added in config.txt: "hdmi_force_open=1"
Turned off news feed, still background, no bluetooth, no network, no WIFI
No overclocking

Played "2L38SACD_tr1_mch_96kHz.flac"

Sad Still have drops Sad Can't understand why
See my config below
(2013-11-01, 16:19)doveman2 Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded to the latest dev build from http://openelec.thestateofme.com/ and was able to update xTV-SAF skin without any errors about dependencies. It was still using the same /storage on my USB, so I think that shows that there's something strange in the rbej build that was causing this error.

Hmm. So you stated you were able to fix the problem with a faster SD card? I'm using a class 4 lexar, that has been working quite well for me, and hasn't corrupted yet. Perhaps because I only overclock to 900mhz.

I don't think that the SD card is corrupting either during update. I manually changed the files on my laptop, and rPI still won't boot using the latest rjeb builds. As soon as I manually change it back to use e.g. rjeb's 10/25 frodo build, there's no problem. Not sure what's going on.
Quote:I installed OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(01.11.2013)
Did not change the firmware (looks to be up-to-date)

followed javaboyuk advice:
Added in config.txt: "hdmi_force_open=1"
Turned off news feed, still background, no bluetooth, no network, no WIFI
No overclocking

Played "2L38SACD_tr1_mch_96kHz.flac"

Sad Still have drops Sad Can't understand why
See my config below

I tried with the music file in a USB key directly to the RPi
Still drops Confused
With Rbej version, my USB drive does not appear in Filemanager, so I can't unmount it properly. With Openelec, it's correctly listed. Why ?
Hey, guys!

I am using gotham bulid, 20131009130752-r15789, and I must say it is pretty much perfect! 1050/500/600 + USB install, it just flies!

But I have one question: GUI is being rendered at 720p, how to change it to 1080p?

tnx
Version OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-Branch(01.11.2013)

I have the same, USB doesn't appear in Filemanager but is present in Music > list
I added it in Filemanager and then removed it in Music > list
After that, USB is still present in Filemanager
Music > list is not linked with Filemanager. Is it an expected behaviour?
@developer experts

Issue: drops every 3/5 seconds for 0.3/0.5 second when playing multichannel file.
Is there a way to copy to file and reinstall a config with all (included personal conf) from one SD card to another.
If yes I could send you my non working install and you could test it and vice versa.
Hey, I've got unsynced audio on AC3 passthrough when I pause or jump-in-time through videos. It's killing me, I've got to restart the entire video each time. All the tv-shows are AC3 encoded and it's a disaster.
I'm using the newest build from yesterday.

Anyone having the same trouble and has a solution?
I've heard that I can encode the audio on the rpi but it's only does it as 2.0 sound, which is kinda lame. Can I do it as 5.1?
I also noticed that Openelec downsize to 2.0, .dts files when inside decoded (not passthrough)
I don't know if this is an expected behaviour.