Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [TEXTURES] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
In this tutorial I will teach you how to create your own textures file.

Many users want to use a different media case, or colored flags, now you can:

1 - I am providing the texture files of Aeon MQ 5, just unpack and change what you want. HERE
textures for frodo and gotham are different.

2 - After making the changes you have 3 choices:

a - delete the file Textures.xbt that is in the media folder and copy your new skin textures there.

b - create a new file Textures.xbt (I will teach later) and replace the original.

c - create a new file of textures with a new name and include it in the media folder, then you can load the new theme from Settings / Appearance / Theme. In this case when creating your new file is required only include images that have been altered, such as new sets for Media. When changing the theme XBMC will load the new images from your theme and other images from the default theme, very simple and practical, so you can create a new XBT file with small size.

3 - If you create a new XBT file and want to share, include your name in the file to keep the credit for the work, for example: CustomCases-byMQ.xbt

4 - It is important to remember that when you upgrade the skin your skin XBT file is deleted, this procedure is managed by XBMC.

5 - If your textures file is popular I can include it in the official skin. There are many users with great artistic talent here, I believe we will have amazing jobs.

HOW TO CREATE THE XBT FILE

6 - Download the TexturePacker.zip and unzip in somewhere on your computer.HERE

7 - Put your modified images in any folder.

8 - Open the DOS Command Prompt, select the directory where you unzipped the TexturePacker, eg E: and enter this command:

texturepacker -input e:\folder with my images\ -output e:\MyTextures.xbt

9 - Press enter and wait.

10 - If you did everything correctly in a few seconds your file textures will be ready.

Enjoy.
Most excellent, thanks MarcosQui for making the best skin even better Smile
Thank you.

Can you please elaborate this: "then you can load the new theme from Settings / Appearance / Theme.", i cannot find the path.
i assume is the theme link below the skin, but i cannot selected it..it is grey
(2014-02-16, 14:41)romano Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you.

Can you please elaborate this: "then you can load the new theme from Settings / Appearance / Theme.", i cannot find the path.
i assume is the theme link below the skin, but i cannot selected it..it is grey

Have you actually added a second .xbt?

If not, it will be grayed out because there'is nothing else to select.
This is my mod textures in zip file.Feel free to try.Then let me know.How you think about it.
My Media MQ5

*update : media folder for Glass style & addition .png mod
Media Gass.zip
watch gallery

*update 6/16/2014 : color border flag
Media Gass border flag
Nice Color mod!
Nice share devil, thank you rep for you.
You change the bottom, did you change more images? just to now, i will try it, no doubt.
As promised (although somewhat later than planned) I attach my custom textures.xbt which includes the media cases I designed last year.

I hope you all like them. Feel free to share, I only ask that you credit me and link to this post if you do.

Preview below:

watch gallery

Download link: case_mod_by_samu-rai.xbt
Thanks Mate

been looking forward to these
(2014-02-25, 12:42)devilshura Wrote: [ -> ]This is my mod textures in zip file.Feel free to try.Then let me know.How you think about it.
My Media MQ5

Hi devilshura,

some great work

Any chance you could upload your glass cases, would would like to use with coloured flags

Thanks
@m0v1em4m

Check here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184816 I think he has a link in the 2nd or 3rd post.
(2014-03-01, 02:39)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-25, 12:42)devilshura Wrote: [ -> ]This is my mod textures in zip file.Feel free to try.Then let me know.How you think about it.
My Media MQ5

Hi devilshura,

some great work

Any chance you could upload your glass cases, would would like to use with coloured flags

Thanks

(2014-03-01, 02:51)shess757 Wrote: [ -> ]@m0v1em4m

Check here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184816 I think he has a link in the 2nd or 3rd post.

Thanks Mate,

But in the media folder above I think devilshura as changed the coloured flags but the folder only has the gloss cover. I did see that link but the glass covers can't be extracted from the .xbt I believe and if google is right
I have update that link already.
Thanks devilshura nice work, appreciate your time
A while back I was able to extract textures using Notepad++ but for some reason now I'm having problems. Is there something other than Notepad++ that works a little better? I know there were a few threads about extracting textures but for some reason I'm not finding them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks -

Edit - Nevermind, I got the N++ plugin working, not sure what changed but it's working again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8