Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scheduling in NextPVR vs Argus TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies for asking a question that I can see has been asked before, but I wanted peoples opinions on these 2 backends as relating to my particular needs. Both work fine with my tuners/XBMC & I have no stability concerns. What I really care about is the following:

Scheduling - is there anything different in the way that they operate that should make me pick one over the other? Particularly series link.

How smart is the scheduling - i.e. if both tuners are in use when a third program is on, will they try & find a repeat of that third program to record? Are they smart about using the 2 tuners - i.e. if programs 1 and 2 are on after each other, will they use a different tuner for each program, so each gets a minutes padding in the recording?

I use DVB-T, I know there is some system whereby if a program over-runs, the recorder can detect this & extend the recording automatically - do they support this?

Since XBMC can't do series link, the family will be setting up series link in NPVR/Argus remotely - most likely through android. Apps for both backends (nDroid & FTR mobile) seem OK, but how do people find scheduling through them?

Thanks!
XBMC can do series. You have to copy some files to the confluence folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

do a forum search you'll find it.
I found this thread when looking to see if there is a way to schedule a series in xbmc. I tried to a forum search. I tried every combination of pvr, series, schedule, record I could think of and can't find a single thing that I am looking for.
(2014-03-13, 00:45)sgibbers17 Wrote: [ -> ]XBMC can do series. You have to copy some files to the confluence folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p

do a forum search you'll find it.

The only addon I'm aware of that can do series within XBMC is pvr.wmc
(2014-03-17, 00:13)bluenote Wrote: [ -> ]The only addon I'm aware of that can do series within XBMC is pvr.wmc
The NextPVR addon does as well.