Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Recording issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

So when I start recording a show that is currently airing I get the following -

- 'recording scheduled'

It records but it doesn't appear in my recordings so I have to press stop and start recording again and this time I get the proper 'recording started' msg and a recording icon on the channel guide/epg/info which finally results in seeing the previous recording and current one.

Any idea on how to make it say 'recording started' when recording for a show that is airing at current time?
There is currently no feedback from the backend to XBMC that it actually started recording, so basically XBMC is unaware of the actual recording and therefore, there is no need to refresh the recordinglist.
Adding support for receiving backend messages like "recording started" is still on my TODO list.
Hi Margro,

Newbee here. I am using Kodi 14.0 RC3 and Mediaportal PVR Client 1.9.22 on my Android tablet.
It seems that you have already worked on this issue, since I do see a message "recording started" and it is visible in the recordingslist, but on my tablet it takes about 4 minutes for both these things (without exiting and restarting Kodi).
Question: Is it normal that it takes that time or is something wrong with my installation?

Greetings,

Cleo
Yes it is normal. XBMC/Kodi will periodically refresh the Timer and recordings list and only then, it will notices the started timer. The PVR addon is still completely passive. It does not receive "recording started" events from the backend yet.
Thanks for the response.
Do you happen to know how many minutes this period is?
And just out of curiosity, is the development in this area (the receiving of those events) dependend on mediaportal or kodi?

Greetings and Merry Christmas to you,

Cleo