Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 13 Beta - Very good with Snow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all,

I test 13 XBMC for some time.
On a MacMini Core2Duo and SnowLeopard 10.6.8.The result is very good ( better than Version 12 I think) . I am very happy and I want to congratulate the whole team !

I made comparisons with a venerable Popcorn Hour A110 .

Here are the details :

- XBMC12 and previous = kernelpanic change the automatic refresh . XBMC13 = everything works perfectly now ( It's awesome )
- I sound with stereo avi (great too).
- No problems with mkv , m2ts , ts (unfortunately no sound HD -Apple fault- )
- Some movies mkv + DTS does not pass the popcorn . They work perfectly with XBMC 13!

By cons there are still some concerns :
- jerky picture ( stuttering ) with DVD iso 50hz and some mkv 23,976 Hz It is very clear especially in comparison with the popcorn . The tracking shots are horrible !
- I am having trouble with some large mkv when vdadecoder is enabled : jerky picture and the sound out of sync slowly ! (everything is ok when vda disabled. But CPU sharply higher !)
- I can not find the 16-235 setting in the preferences ( read the wiki) . It is not available on Mac maybe?

It is a shame that Apple still does not offer management audioHD + 23,976 Hz native!

Anyway version 13 is a good vintage . Like a fine wine !
Again thank you and congratulations to all Wink
Ensure to set your settings level higher (to advanced, or expert) in the lower left of the settings screen for seeing the limited color range setting.

Also follow this ticket for the sync issues (we don't seem to find a bugfix for this yet - maybe not even for gotham sadly...)

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14978
(2014-03-30, 23:44)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Ensure to set your settings level higher (to advanced, or expert) in the lower left of the settings screen for seeing the limited color range setting.

Yes I'm in expert mode. But no trace of the 16/235

(2014-03-30, 23:44)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Also follow this ticket for the sync issues (we don't seem to find a bugfix for this yet - maybe not even for gotham sadly...)

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14978

Thank you.
It looks like my problem. But not quite.
Should I create a ticket? (for audio synchronization and vdadecoder problem?)
Limited colour range is what you want. It's under Settings->System->Video output
(2014-03-31, 06:38)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Limited colour range is what you want. It's under Settings->System->Video output

Thank you.
but I do not see anything ... :

Advanced != Expert.
(2014-03-31, 07:13)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Advanced != Expert.

yes indeed you are right!
thank you
You're welcome Smile
*facepalm*
@Memphiz, my sync issues were sorted with one of the earlier test builds in the ticket. Beta 3 seems good too, no issues with pausing, seeking and skipping, with or without VDA.

But in beta 3 is had an issue with 1 specific movie that I have not seen ever before, audio went out of sync even without touching any playback controls. Video would start speeding up, slowing down and then speeding back up (it seemed random when this happens) and audio goes out of sync constantly, like atleast once a minute. Solution seemed to be to disable vdadecoder.

I'll post a debug log and media info after work, and I can test earlier betas with that specific movie as well.

Can out of spec encoding of a x264 movie file cause this? Hopefully it's just that as few other videos that I watched seemed fine.
Or was it refresh rate switching that had to be disabled.. I'll check Tongue other than that, Gotham already feels like the best OSX release for a long time.
(2014-03-31, 12:37)SpaceMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Or was it refresh rate switching that had to be disabled.. I'll check Tongue other than that, Gotham already feels like the best OSX release for a long time.

Yes absolutely!

Wink
Hi to all,

I test the beta3. The best level of jerks. Unfortunately they are still there.

I feel that this is related to VDA decoding. VDA disabled when it is a little better! (there are less)
Strange ...

Can someone explain to me: enable HQ scalers for scaling above?
As soon as I exceed 10% this jerk a lot. I see no difference in picture level. It is therefore disabled ...
I agree Gotham beta (even on Mavericks) is now one of the best (notwithstanding longstanding apple remote intermittent oddities)
(2014-04-06, 09:44)superyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi to all,

I test the beta3. The best level of jerks. Unfortunately they are still there.

I feel that this is related to VDA decoding. VDA disabled when it is a little better! (there are less)
Strange ...

With beta4 I have always the same thing.
Pages: 1 2