Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some videos which play just fine on xbmc on Windows, but produce green blocks on FireTV. Here is a 12s example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vue4dpw0y0s8tp...Blocks.mkv.

This is with libstagefright on and MediaCodec off in hardware acceleration.

I have some videos which play just fine on xbmc on Windows, but produce green blocks on FireTV. Here is a 12s example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vue4dpw0y0s8tp...Blocks.mkv.

This is with libstagefright on and MediaCodec off in hardware acceleration.
(2014-04-27, 05:23)Scenebean Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to ask this again if it has already been asked but i cannot find a good answer. What is the best way to get acestream installed and how do I install it or where do I get the apk? Also how do I watch acestreams from within XBMC? I only have XBMC side loaded on my fire tv. Gotham beta 4

Talking about plugins that help you gain access to illegal content is prohibited on the XBMC forums.
(2014-04-27, 04:31)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-26, 18:08)Goldyflix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-26, 04:22)derrickrozay Wrote: [ -> ]FTV add ons like netflix, spotify and nba? Or xbmc add ons?

also will there be an official xbmc release built specifically for FTV?

(2014-04-26, 15:38)alwayzbless Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen a few users mention but I haven't heard of a fix yet. So any of my 720p mkvs that play on the 4/25 nightlie are fine for the first 10 minites and after that no video and green bars display at the top. Is there a better build I should be using or is this pretty much just a known issue at the moment with no current workaround? Thx guys

Xbmc addons, and alwayzbless in your own question you awnser it.. use spmc I don't get those issues using it

I have seen those issues, blank screen and green blotches at the top, on three different FTVs running SPMC. I noticed if you turn off hardware acceleration the issue goes away. I've also seen this in Gotham.
yes you are correct today for the first time I had the same issues with spmc, I will try the hw off fix on both
I am using LiveTV with tvheadend. It does work correctly, but I am not able to switch channels. When I switch the channel from a different client, then I can use it from the FireTV as well. Otherwise xbmc crashes.
I am using the FireTV in Germany. Could this be an issue that it is not possible to set the correct timezone. When I use the same version of xbmc (latest nightly of Gotham) on my Nexus 5 phone, it works without any issues.

Any ideas?
(2014-04-27, 05:49)haikuginger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-27, 05:23)Scenebean Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to ask this again if it has already been asked but i cannot find a good answer. What is the best way to get acestream installed and how do I install it or where do I get the apk? Also how do I watch acestreams from within XBMC? I only have XBMC side loaded on my fire tv. Gotham beta 4

Talking about plugins that help you gain access to illegal content is prohibited on the XBMC forums.

right, but its like saying acestream is made for illegal content, and xbmc itself is not.
And this thread degrades into bikeshed'ing about illegal content Smile
(2014-04-27, 19:18)yocoldrain Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-27, 05:49)haikuginger Wrote: [ -> ]

right, but its like saying acestream is made for illegal content, and xbmc itself is not.

Really? If those are the rules - then follow them or **** *** elsewhere and find somewhere where those rules don't apply... but that's just my 2c
(2014-04-16, 17:53)cbiggers Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to buy a Amazon Fire, but my whole movie collection is in dvd iso format. Can XBMC sideloaded on the fire play my dvd isos from my network share (nfs / smb)?

Yes it works through SMB. I have my collection mostly in ISO's too, and they work as good as it works on other devices/computers (with the menus and all).
I found an error. Seems that when I type something in Xbmc it thinks in typing something else. Like it shows up correct on the page but it says incorrect or it searches for something else
(2014-04-27, 20:56)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]I found an error. Seems that when I type something in Xbmc it thinks in typing something else. Like it shows up correct on the page but it says incorrect or it searches for something else
Could you be a little bit less cryptic, please Wink
(2014-04-27, 20:56)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]I found an error. Seems that when I type something in Xbmc it thinks in typing something else. Like it shows up correct on the page but it says incorrect or it searches for something else

Yea it does that to me too in gotham , with the captchas soi tought was the plugin fault
I was trying not to talk about captcha. But when typing captcha in spmc on here it does this where you type in the capctha but it says it's wronf

I tried doing a log file but it never does.
Any way to send ff or rew Amazon remote equivalent from Logitech K400? I am playing a game on the AFTV and can't find what keys might emulate ff or rew...
Are folks still seeing stuttering video (very slight/random/noticeable mostly during panning)? Running the current nightly I still get stuttering on MKV files with both mediacodec and libstagefright.
(2014-04-27, 21:33)insaneoctane Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to send ff or rew Amazon remote equivalent from Logitech K400? I am playing a game on the AFTV and can't find what keys might emulate ff or rew...

The wiki is down now for some reason, but the Fire TV remote sends the media keys for next track and previous track.