Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-06-01, 16:35)papampi Wrote: [ -> ]Question ...

Are you Fire TV owners happy with your purchase for XBMC on fire ?

or you wouldnt buy it again ?
I bought one for my living room system which is a secondary audio/video system and it works fine for that purpose. But to replace my htpc in my main system with the FTV?
Never! The lack of lossless audio support is not acceptable in my main system.
(2014-06-01, 23:21)jnickell100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 23:00)underworld123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-01, 22:57)jnickell100 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have a tutorial on llama startup? I've tried many times ans it's not working for me.

Setting up Llama has been discussed several times (just google) and has been described fairly well in the Wiki. You need to be more specific if you need more help.

Right. And I've been keeping up with every post on this thread. I have downloaded the complete bypass llama file, unzipped , quit llama. Now where exactly do I open a command window from to push the zip? The wiki is very vague.

On your computer....see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama...he_Fire_TV

Also more than happy with mine. I've been an HTPC user since 2001 and for the first time in 13 years i dont have a computer attached to my TV. Fire TV + XBMC is getting it done.

(2014-06-02, 00:04)z31fanatic Wrote: [ -> ]I bought one for my living room system which is a secondary audio/video system and it works fine for that purpose. But to replace my htpc in my main system with the FTV?

Not sure i get your comment about the lack of lossless. My audio is in lossless wma and they play great via xbmc/ftv
I think he means dts-hd and truehd
(2014-06-01, 17:08)derrickrozay Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I just edited the keymap and I have one problem...I cant get the rewind or forward button on the global screen to launch the context menu can the R&F keys not be mapped globally?

Keymap 3 shows mapping the FF and RW buttons.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt..._TV_remote
[/quote]

Thanks I actually used keymap 3 and changed some things to my preferences. Forward and Rewind work fine for page up/down but I cant get them to do anything else...I've tried changing them to context menu and favourites but it doesn't work
(2014-06-02, 00:04)z31fanatic Wrote: [ -> ]

I bought one for my living room system which is a secondary audio/video system and it works fine for that purpose. But to replace my htpc in my main system with the FTV?

I agree, if you have a top-end setup with an advanced lossless receiver, high-refresh display, etc then you will be better off with a NUC or other "HTPC" solution.

However for self-contained TVs, etc the FireTV is great. I have one in my living room that the family, kids, etc use and it works well. In the latter case it really depends on your media and how you've ripped it (or otherwise acquired it, I guess).
(2014-06-02, 01:14)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means dts-hd and truehd

Correct
Hi. I'm using 13.1, Aeon nox skin. All setting is lost when i turn power off FireTV. I appriciate someone help me fix it ?
(2014-06-02, 04:06)Trongthuan0311 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm using 13.1, Aeon nox skin. All setting is lost when i turn power off FireTV. I appriciate someone help me fix it ?

This has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, once by me. So far it has been ignored by the XBMC team. I've had this happen multiple times on three different FTVs, Confluence and Metropolis skins. The file you need to back up is guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. The problem is if you back it up to somewhere else on the box using the XBMC file manager its blank when you restore it. All settings remain at the defaults. The file size is even smaller after you restore it back to the userdata folder. I haven't seen this on 13.1 RC1 so far. Are you on RC1? The best thing to do is back that file up to your PC and restore it from there. That has worked every time for me. Since this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem and it hasn't happened to me in a week, I'm hoping that it's just a weird bug that only happens directly after installing XBMC and clears itself up after a couple of reboots. That still doesn't explain why we can't successfully restore it from within the FTV using XBMC file manager.
(2014-06-02, 05:20)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-02, 04:06)Trongthuan0311 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm using 13.1, Aeon nox skin. All setting is lost when i turn power off FireTV. I appriciate someone help me fix it ?

This has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, once by me. So far it has been ignored by the XBMC team. I've had this happen multiple times on three different FTVs, Confluence and Metropolis skins. The file you need to back up is guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. The problem is if you back it up to somewhere else on the box using the XBMC file manager its blank when you restore it. All settings remain at the defaults. The file size is even smaller after you restore it back to the userdata folder. I haven't seen this on 13.1 RC1 so far. Are you on RC1? The best thing to do is back that file up to your PC and restore it from there. That has worked every time for me. Since this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem and it hasn't happened to me in a week, I'm hoping that it's just a weird bug that only happens directly after installing XBMC and clears itself up after a couple of reboots. That still doesn't explain why we can't successfully restore it from within the FTV using XBMC file manager.

i am using RC1. Would you like to help me how to backup guisetting.xml to Pc and restore it to FTV
(2014-06-02, 05:36)Trongthuan0311 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-02, 05:20)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]

i am using RC1. Would you like to help me how to backup guisetting.xml to Pc and restore it to FTV

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama...Installing

Section 6 Copying Files of the wiki has the broad strokes. I use a Mac but you will have to do something like this.
To save it.
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /path/to/any/folder/on/your/pc
To restore it using the example above.
adb push /path/to/any/folder/on/your/pc/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
(2014-06-02, 06:23)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-02, 05:36)Trongthuan0311 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-02, 05:20)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]This has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, once by me. So far it has been ignored by the XBMC team. I've had this happen multiple times on three different FTVs, Confluence and Metropolis skins. The file you need to back up is guisettings.xml in the userdata folder. The problem is if you back it up to somewhere else on the box using the XBMC file manager its blank when you restore it. All settings remain at the defaults. The file size is even smaller after you restore it back to the userdata folder. I haven't seen this on 13.1 RC1 so far. Are you on RC1? The best thing to do is back that file up to your PC and restore it from there. That has worked every time for me. Since this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem and it hasn't happened to me in a week, I'm hoping that it's just a weird bug that only happens directly after installing XBMC and clears itself up after a couple of reboots. That still doesn't explain why we can't successfully restore it from within the FTV using XBMC file manager.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ama...Installing

Section 6 Copying Files of the wiki has the broad strokes. I use a Mac but you will have to do something like this.
To save it.
adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml /path/to/any/folder/on/your/pc
To restore it using the example above.
adb push /path/to/any/folder/on/your/pc/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata

How about this ?. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...774&page=6 . It look more simple
If you are referring to the Fire TV app installer or the XBMC installer referenced there it won't help. We are talking about copying files. That is only for installing apps on the FTV. Either way you have to open a command window and use adb. Better off getting used to knowing the correct paths in XBMC and on the Fire TV in general.

Edit: Without reading that whole thread I can see on post 2 the update change log there shows that the script can back up the userdata folder. But that is just overkill to back up the whole folder when all we need is the one file. It can take an hour or more to back up that whole folder compared to seconds to back up guisettings.xml.
(2014-06-02, 06:45)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]If you are referring to the Fire TV app installer or the XBMC installer referenced there it won't help. We are talking about copying files. That is only for installing apps on the FTV. Either way you have to open a command window and use adb. Better off getting used to knowing the correct paths in XBMC and on the Fire TV in general.

Edit: Without reading that whole thread I can see on post 2 the update change log there shows that the script can back up the userdata folder. But that is just overkill to back up the whole folder when all we need is the one file. It can take an hour or more to back up that whole folder compared to seconds to back up guisettings.xml.

okie. I understood, i will take a try
(2014-06-01, 11:28)gixxer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-02, 17:27)ktrdsl23 Wrote: [ -> ]Current Frodo reasonably stable builds:
SPMC 12.4.2 - Frodo 12.3 - Supports DTS and AC3 Passthrough

Hello,

Has anyone tried Koying's Gothem 13.1 rc1 apk?

xbmc-20140527-b0c75d6-ouya-gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk

I posted in xda developers and ouya forums but wasn't sure if anyone in xbmc forum has tried above apk to confirm if anyone has success with dts and ac3 passthrough?

The Frodo SPMC 12.4.2 works great (thanks Koying) and verified dts and ac3 passthrough support.

The posts elsewhere brought me here asking if the above apk was tried by anyone to see if it (i.e. 13.1 rc1 Gothem on Fire TV) does allow passthrough support as the spmc 12.4.2 does.

Thanks much.

Okay, RTFM. Sad

The passthrough settings are in the Expert setting.