Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Timeshift / epg recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have enabled epg based timeshifting in NPVR but when I hit record on a live program the recording just starts from when I hit record.
If I was watching the show from the start I would expect it to record the whole show - is this not how it works?
This is the normal behaviour. The epg based timeshifting feature is only available in NextPVR itself, not XBMC.
A man can only dream ....

Martin
Ok, long as I understand the limitations its not so bad.

Also, if I start watching a recording which has not yet finished, it will only play the amount of videos it had recorded when I started playing it (if that makes sense) - is this also normal behavior?
(2014-04-08, 10:35)kitehigh Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if I start watching a recording which has not yet finished, it will only play the amount of videos it had recorded when I started playing it (if that makes sense) - is this also normal behavior?
This is a long standing limitation of XBMC when playing http streams, and not something the PVR addons have any control over. I'm hoping it'll get fixed at some point.

(2014-04-08, 10:35)kitehigh Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if I start watching a recording which has not yet finished, it will only play the amount of videos it had recorded when I started playing it (if that makes sense) - is this also normal behavior?
This is a long standing limitation of XBMC when playing http streams, and not something the PVR addons have any control over. I'm hoping it'll get fixed at some point.
(2014-04-08, 18:52)sub3 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry for the necro bump, but figured I'd tag on to this.

Any word on if this is something someone is looking into? Otherwise, any thoughts on adding playback through SMB shares like ServerWMC to be able to support this functionality?
(2015-02-10, 19:56)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on if this is something someone is looking into? Otherwise, any thoughts on adding playback through SMB shares like ServerWMC to be able to support this functionality?

x-newa can play from shares. Using pkscout's skin you can replace the add on recordings option with x-newa recordings

Martin
(2015-02-12, 04:13)emveepee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 19:56)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on if this is something someone is looking into? Otherwise, any thoughts on adding playback through SMB shares like ServerWMC to be able to support this functionality?

x-newa can play from shares. Using pkscout's skin you can replace the add on recordings option with x-newa recordings

Martin

Does x-newa allow for the epg based timeshifting and recording?

I had installed x-newa to look at, but haven't done much past that initial peek. I'll have to take a much closer look since it seems like it covers most of my concerns with the pvr plugin.

Any tips on configuring things, or is it pretty self explanatory?
(2015-02-12, 17:22)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]Does x-newa allow for the epg based timeshifting and recording?

If the pvr.nextpvr manager is running you can configure x-newa to playback using pvr:// urls. Sub has not provided access to NextPVR's epg-mode to any streaming clients, and that has been my biggest wish for a long time but if you mean click and play from the EPG yes x-newa has that too.

Quote:Any tips on configuring things, or is it pretty self explanatory?

Reading the sticky is the best place to start. You end up with 3 choices pvr.nextpvr, x-newa python and the web client which is the NextPVR UI on Kodi. Don't forget about advancedsettings.xml for path substitution to allow comskip and recordings in progress on remote boxes.

Martin