Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear users, I'm back, it's time to move ahead.

Attention dear 'Aeon MQ' Team !

Friday, 23, will be published the first alpha of Aeon MQ 6, in Brazilian forum, VIP area.

If you are part of the development team, visit in order to participate in the new skin construction.

The beginning of a new journey is near, let us together again.

Other users and fans:

Once I have a stable version, I'll release for everyone.

Come together in this new work.

More news soon.

Dear users, we will highlight two points:

1. The skin is still under construction.
2. The skin has not yet been published here.

Therefore, it is my work, I have the right to sell, rent, burn or give the skin for who I want. There is no rule in this world that would prevent me from doing that.

After being finalized, the skin will the official repository respecting all the rules and formalities of this forum and the GPL license. Simple like that.

Because I did not authorize the publication of the skin by third parties?

A. Simple, because the skin is not ready. The person picks up the skin in alpha state, puts the tag "release", changes the work author's, and releases to the world. This is good for whom? For self promotion maybe. What a uninformed user will tell?
Oh, what a horrible skin, full of bugs and poorly finished, I will not use anymore.

The skin is closed to the development team, because this team is aware of the progress of work.
So it was with the Aeon MQ2, Aeon MQ3, Aeon MQ4, Aeon MQ5 , Aeon MQ6 and will be so until the day I desired.

After all, I'm wrong, seriously !? Confused
Good news. What are some of the ideas that you have to improve the skin even further?
Glad to see you back MQ Smile

As always, if you need my help, please ask.
Hi MQ,
glad to see you back.
have you got a todo list or an ideas list Huh?
aweseome - a little more focus on live tv as the backends and plugins have become stable with 13.0

Love your work and will donate again
Welcome back Marcos!

my request for AeonMQ6 is a custom skin for use with PseudoTV Live add-on by @Lunatixz. Would love to see @MarcosQui take on this program and integrate into MQ6.

this is the current iteration fyi that @Lunatixz is currently working on.

Will be possible add "Work in Progress - Skin video backdrops " on your skin ?
More info you find in this topic http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157585
@cezar, animated gif or apng images (for use in background or poster), probably will have official support in XBMC helix (XBMC 14). Ace20022 (team member), create pull request with proper gif support, but need rewrite for merge.

We have a thread in XBMC Brazil forum community, with many animated poster, look here.
My suggestion is try to get lower usage from some of the views if possible. I'm running an overclocked 2500k and it still hits 5-8% or more cpu usage on most of the views. You may say that 5% isn't much, but there's nothing happening on the screen and this is a really beefy cpu. Plus the homescreen never gets above 1%. I have dirty regions enabled as well. When my screensaver comes on, which is fan art panning across the screen, the cpu drops back below 1%.

In contrast, confluence never jumps above 2% anywhere. I tried Ace as well, but it also gives similar results in the various views. I love the skin, but I use an external player for video so I can run madvr and having xbmc running in the background at 5%+ at all times during a movie makes the cpu create more heat and noise than it should.
In MQ5, it seems like "Concerts" are treated as a kind of Movie. I would like at least an option to treat "Concerts" more like Music in terms of info that is displayed in the various views and full screen video.

Also for submenu, when you assign a playlist as a submenu item, the only action you get is to ActivateWindow. It would be nice to be able to have PlayMedia as an option. I tried a hack to do this, but it seems like the way submenu data are stored in skin settings in the guisettings it is hard (for me anyway) to figure out a way set PlayMedia(smart_playlist_file) as the action.

scott s.
i have a small request, the possibility to chang colour font in main menu!!!
Hi MQ

Firstly thanks so much for your great work, been a fan of Aeon MQ for many versions.
Was wanting to make a small request for version 6

Would love a simple pause screen:
For movies where it is just the spinning disc in the left corner and the clear art in the right.
For TV shows where it is just the clear art on the right.

This would be so awesome, as love having the spinning disk on pause screen but without all the other information.

Thanks for the consideration

(2014-06-07, 20:16)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@cezar, animated gif or apng images (for use in background or poster), probably will have official support in XBMC helix (XBMC 14). Ace20022 (team member), create pull request with proper gif support, but need rewrite for merge.

We have a thread in XBMC Brazil forum community, with many animated poster, look here.

@Wanilton looks great thanks for the link.

Has there ever been any mention/thought of animated clearart?
You often see it during tv shows and would be a great effect on a pause screen

Thanks Big Grin
Welcome Back!
Hi,

firstly great work, its a really nice skin.

When using a custom playlist for say 'Movies - Kids' it would be great if it also had the option to auto play the fan art in the background when in the main menu...the same effect that is possible with the default 'Movies' menu item.
It would be nice, if you can make this view for tv shows in mq6

http://imgur.com/a/rcZQ6/embed#4