Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Mod] Expanded Movie Wall and Logo View - Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The contents of this mod have been removed for Jarvis v16!

Those searching for similar features will find it incorporated into Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO.

Further requests for modding support and new features should be made to Mike Silvo in the thread linked.

Thanks again for your continuing interest!
Brilliant, been waiting for some views with more covers on them.

Lets hope the speed is ok!
Post deleted.
Thanks, works great. I just upgraded to Gotham and was disappointed to find that Nox 5 lacked a wall view like this that had been in Nox 4. This mod is exactly what I needed.

(Note that the "default label" download doesn't work as is; it is missing the includes.xml file. Using the includes.xml from the "custom label" download fixes it.)

Only additional thing that would be nice to have: replace the show name/info in bottom left with logo - is there some easy edit I can make to the files to do this? Thanks again!
I fixed the issue with the Default Label missing an .xml file.

@Capitol K,

Instructions on how to replace the floor label with a ClearLogo are attached below. You should download a copy of Notepad++ to complete the required copy and paste. You simply need to replace a block of code in MyVideoNav.xml with the code I've provided.

If your logos are not "loaded" into the cache, you may have to wait a few seconds for it to appear. I can't control the wild variations in size or positioning - it depends on the logo.
Thanks, but didn't work for me. I replaced the lines of code using Notepad++, but the result was that the screen now goes entirely blank when I select TV Shows.
(2014-06-20, 05:38)Capitol K Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but didn't work for me. I replaced the lines of code using Notepad++, but the result was that the screen now goes entirely blank when I select TV Shows.

My instructions were bad. I said replace Lines 377-402. It should have read "377-401." I told you to delete one necessary </control>. Xml coding is that stupid.

This is the completed MyVideoNav. I didn't really test TV shows, so tell me if anything else is awry.

Removed
Great, thanks! Works perfectly.
Warner,

Just wanted to say thanks for a great mod.

I have a large collection and this is what I missed most when I upgraded from Nox 4 to 5.

Cheers
Warner,

I have installed this mod on my 13.1 windows 7 machine and it works great.
I also have two Intel NUCs running Openelec 4.0.6 and for some reason the mod does not work on these.

Can you think of any reason why this mod wouldn't work with Openelec?

Thanks
You must be installing it incorrectly. Granted, I'm not an expert at OpenElec. Does the whole thing crash, or is the mod simply ignored? I could upload a custom version of the skin that already has all these changes incorporated and you could install from .zip, but you'd have to live with a few other modifications I've made to the source code. The most obvious mods being the custom label in wall and shift view and the removal of the HD/SD icons from Showcase view. I am also using the music visualization mod, infowall was changed to show the director rather than the genre (doesn't work with TV shows), I added FanartList to the available views and Tri-Panel is missing the shadow next to the text to make the text easier to read.

I'd look at this thread. It explains how to go about adding mods to OpenElec: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197905.

If you'd like a .zip of the skin, I could upload a copy to share.
(2014-06-20, 09:44)Warner306 Wrote: [ -> ]Small Icons with Logos for Titles:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

Just wanted to say thanks for this viewBig Grin
Warner,

I think I'm doing it correctly.
It works perfectly on my Win 7 box and I copied that entire skin folder over to my Openelec box.

If you don't mind I would love to try a .zip of your customized skin.

Thanks for your help
(2014-06-26, 17:35)Kentbrockman Wrote: [ -> ]Warner,

I think I'm doing it correctly.
It works perfectly on my Win 7 box and I copied that entire skin folder over to my Openelec box.

If you don't mind I would love to try a .zip of your customized skin.

Thanks for your help

I don't think you'd gain anything from my copy of the skin. The adjustments are subtle and any new views (FanartList) are available in the Aeon Nox 5 forum courtesy of Steveb. If you moved the entire folder over to openelec and it didn't work, then I am lost to understand what the problem is. I'd delete the skin through the gui (enabled addons>>skin), create a zip of the skin on your Windows 7 machine, and then install from zip on your OpenElec machines.

A warning with install from zip, however, if the name of the skin folder is changed, all of your custom menu settings will be lost as they are saved in the userdata>>addons folder. If the name is preserved, you should pick-up where you left off.
Hi Warner,
thx for the mod! I was missing the default label for tv shows Smile

How easy would it be to tweak your mode to achieve the following:
1) have a single logo (maybe bigger) instead of 3
2) lower the floor in order to have more of the fanart show

I could edit the basic skin but I'd really like the label as well (which is missing from vanilla AN 5)

Thanks in advance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10