Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Manually grab translations from transifex?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

removed151214

I see that xbmc/translations project includes a tool - txupdate - to get the latest translations from Transifex, Am i right in thinking this can only be used by the transifex project managers to get the latest translations? (My attempts to use it have been less than successful!)

It's been a while since the add-ons translations were updated and, knowing that real life is far more important than Kodi, I'd ideally like to grab the latest translations myself without pestering for an update to be done before I request a script update on the repo. Thanks Smile
Just to let you know that I completely agree that it would be extremely useful to be able to grab the translations ourselves from Transifex.
I am able to grab them, albeit only one at a time for each language.
I go here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...resources/
Then I click on my add-on name, click on a language and then click 'Download for use'.
Sure, although that takes a bit of time with 78 languages Smile
Indeed. I wish I had that problem. Mine has only been translated 100% to six other languages.
So I looked into this more out of curiosity.

If you go here: https://github.com/xbmc/translations, you can see all of the translations since last sync. I did not find any easy way of just downloading just my add-on's directory. If you have svn installed, you might try using this method: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/71060...ithub-repo

So, I just downloaded the whole master as a zip which was about 84 MB and just took what I needed out from it.

Hope this helps.

removed151214

At the time the OP was made, the translations at github.com/xbmc/translations (which I believe are the same translations that the language download tool grabs) hadn't been updated in a fair few weeks. Being able to download the languages one at a time is useful though, many thanks Smile
ok so i'm finishing translation of my language (croatian) and i want to manually apply update to my kodi install to see it all is ok and translate all strings that are missing but i'm not sure how to download language from transifex:

i have installed ubuntu 16.04.1 in VM and run command sudo apt-get install build-essential curl libcurl4-gnutls-dev libjsoncpp0 libjsoncpp-dev git vim i needed to add libjsoncpp0 from another repo
after that i have run command git clone https://github.com/xbmc/translations and after that i have cd to kodi-txupdate directory but when i run command make i get

Code:
root@test-VirtualBox:/home/test/translations/tool/kodi-txupdate# make
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/TinyXML/tinyxml.cpp -o src/TinyXML/tinyxml.o
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/TinyXML/tinyxmlparser.cpp -o src/TinyXML/tinyxmlparser.o
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/TinyXML/tinystr.cpp -o src/TinyXML/tinystr.o
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/TinyXML/tinyxmlerror.cpp -o src/TinyXML/tinyxmlerror.o
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/HTTPUtils.cpp -o src/HTTPUtils.o
g++ -c -Wall -Wno-format -g -DDEBUG  src/Langcodes.cpp -o src/Langcodes.o
src/Langcodes.cpp: In member function ‘std::map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> > CLCodeHandler::GetTranslatorsDatabase(const string&, const string&, const CResData&)’:
src/Langcodes.cpp:187:47: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
     for(Json::ValueIterator itr = JNames.begin() ; itr !=JNames.end() ; itr++)
                                               ^
src/Langcodes.cpp: In member function ‘std::map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, CLangcodes> CLCodeHandler::ParseTransifexLanguageDatabase(std::__cxx11::string, const CResData&)’:
src/Langcodes.cpp:254:51: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
   for (Json::ValueIterator itrlangs = JLangs.begin() ; itrlangs !=JLangs.end() ; itrlangs++)
                                                   ^
src/Langcodes.cpp:262:55: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
     for (Json::ValueIterator itralias = JAliases.begin(); itralias !=JAliases.end() ; itralias++)
                                                       ^
src/Langcodes.cpp:287:53: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
   for (Json::ValueIterator itrules = JRulesGen.begin() ; itrules !=JRulesGen.end() ; itrules++)
                                                     ^
src/Langcodes.cpp:294:54: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
   for (Json::ValueIterator itrules = JRulesCust.begin() ; itrules !=JRulesCust.end() ; itrules++)
                                                      ^
src/Langcodes.cpp:299:58: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
     for (Json::ValueIterator itrulesR = JRulesCustR.begin() ; itrulesR !=JRulesCustR.end() ; itrulesR++)
                                                          ^
src/Langcodes.cpp: In member function ‘void CLCodeHandler::ParseLangDatabaseVersion(const string&, const string&)’:
src/Langcodes.cpp:358:45: error: conversion from ‘Json::Value::const_iterator {aka Json::ValueConstIterator}’ to non-scalar type ‘Json::ValueIterator’ requested
   for(Json::ValueIterator itr = JFiles.begin() ; itr !=JFiles.end() ; itr++)
                                             ^
Makefile:51: recipe for target 'src/Langcodes.o' failed
make: *** [src/Langcodes.o] Error 1
root@test-VirtualBox:/home/test/translations/tool/kodi-txupdate#

so what next