Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XMBC Keeps Crashing On FireTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can anyone share with me if there is a fix for this. I've read a lot of post about this issue but never actually found a real solution. I have done the turn off "MediaCodec" and that has not resolved my issue. The girlfriend is very frustrating right now.
Try Koying's SPMC version 13.3.2. http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Use the Non-launcher APK link. It will install alongside XBMC. Just copy the .xbmc folder from XBMC to SPMC.
(2014-08-19, 05:19)Set845 Wrote: [ -> ]Try Koying's SPMC version 13.3.2. http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Use the Non-launcher APK link. It will install alongside XBMC. Just copy the .xbmc folder from XBMC to SPMC.

Unfortunately that one crashes too. I've only tested live tv. One person told me to turn off hardware acceleration completely and simply use software in the official built. So far, no issue with life tv but my media playback suffers.
Mine crashes a lot as well, and almost every movie gets bad desync in less than a minute. I can skip backward and it happens again, every time. Hard reboots do nothing to help. I can watch TV shows... but movies all get wonky. Go figure. It sad, I've gone back to using VLC with my phone as a remote, even after hours and hours of work to get XMBC working properly, library added and sorted properly, and now I can't use it.

Gonna try the SBMC above.
(2014-08-19, 18:17)tRidiot Wrote: [ -> ]Mine crashes a lot as well, and almost every movie gets bad desync in less than a minute. I can skip backward and it happens again, every time. Hard reboots do nothing to help. I can watch TV shows... but movies all get wonky. Go figure. It sad, I've gone back to using VLC with my phone as a remote, even after hours and hours of work to get XMBC working properly, library added and sorted properly, and now I can't use it.

I can save you the hard work and waste of time. It does not work with live tv as I mentioned before. It crashes after a while. However, disable each option under hardware acceleration manually and then change from hardware to software helps. Also turn de-interlace to 'auto'. My XBMC been running on life TV for 4 hours now. I will try to see if I can get smoother playback with local content from my nas and report. I mean it makes sense I think to why hardware acceleration is failing. Some of the codecs are not natively supported by the device.
(2014-08-19, 18:17)tRidiot Wrote: [ -> ]Mine crashes a lot as well, and almost every movie gets bad desync in less than a minute. I can skip backward and it happens again, every time. Hard reboots do nothing to help. I can watch TV shows... but movies all get wonky. Go figure. It sad, I've gone back to using VLC with my phone as a remote, even after hours and hours of work to get XMBC working properly, library added and sorted properly, and now I can't use it.

since 13.1 came out ive had zero sync problems when i play local files. did you encode these movies yourself? maybe there is some setting you checked that it doesn't like.
I don't have any local issues when hardware acceleration is on. I do when it's off but that's expected since I'm using CPU not GPU.
having similar issues on firetv after final was released. Gotham RC2 seemed more stable with livetv (mythtv client). Probably going to try a clean install and see if that helps.

John
@breezytm

are you using tvheadend for your backend for livetv? have you tried changing the streaming format. i think it will do mkv or ts.

just a thought.

John
Running FireTV with WMC/hdhomerun - runs for hours without any issue. What I did (that seems to help - or at least sort out the WAF ) is I setup Lama so that when ClassicTV is launched it...

1) Closes XBMC
2) Launches XBMC

Now if XBMC crashes or hangs she simple presses the home button and then launches ClassicTV again. Appreciate this is a 'work around' rather than a true solution but XBMC+Netflix+Amazon+LiveTV in one sub $100 box is pretty amazing. I'm running 6 of them round the house now
No I actually use pvr.wmc
I did an update on mine not a clean install. Think of the nuisance of having to do a clean install for every time there is a version update.
Done... took forever to install on FireTV with adbFire, I thought it was hung. Actually stopped it a couple of times since the progress bar filled and it still wasn't complete, but the third time I tried, I just walked away and when I came back 20 mins later or so, it showed complete.

And SPMC seems to be working much better than SBMC now. Using 13.3.2. Movie playing right now that I had to stop after 2 minutes the other night.

Now off to figure out how to import my library from XBMC (backed up via adbFire) into SPMC so I don't have to go make all the manual changes I made in XBMC.

<edit> Oh and I should say, all I play on it is media served from my PC... movies, no I didn't encode myself. TV shows seem to run fine, but not movies. But not SPMC is working and I am pretty happy.
Just copy the .xbmc folder from XBMC to SPMC.
Not sure how to do that, since I'm installing things with adbFire rather than manually copying. I've taken the easy way out, but that does leave me somewhat... less proficient.
The .xbmc folder is in /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files if that helps.
Pages: 1 2 3