Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Looking for a way to have the New TV and Movies widgets show watched items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently started using this skin and I am very impressed thus far. I would like to have the New TV and Movies widgets on the home screen show new episodes/movies even if they are watched. I'm not adverse to modifying some XML files to make this happen. Can someone please let me know where this setting is kept or point me in the right direction. Any help would be appreciated.
After doing some further digging and testing, I have found a way to show watched movies and episodes in the homescreen widgets. I have posted the steps below I took to accomplish this if anyone else is interested in doing the same. If someone knows better way, then please let me know.

Steps to show watched movies and episodes in the New TV and Movies widgets:

1. Open up the following file:
Code:
%appdata%\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py

2. Search for the following line:
Code:
self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED = __addon__.getSetting("recentitems_unplayed") == 'true'

3. Change 'true' to 'false' and restart XBMC
Impressive davekos. I am a newb and using Xperience 1080. I want to get in to skinning and took my first steps yesterday when I began looking the various xml files. Can I just ask a quick question? I am stuck, I have changed the xml file, saved it now what do I do? Do I need to re-zip the skin? Tried zipping but cant seem to find the newly created zip file in XBMC.

THis is what I am trying to achieve :

Change spotlight, new movies, tv shows tiles to standard tiles that can just link to a video add-on.
Hi there. Once you have modified the xml files, all you should need to do is restart XBMC for the changes to be picked up. If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder, restart xmbc and then re enable the skin in appearance. I hope this helps and good luck with your modding.
(2014-09-19, 08:10)davekos Wrote: [ -> ]After doing some further digging and testing, I have found a way to show watched movies and episodes in the homescreen widgets. I have posted the steps below I took to accomplish this if anyone else is interested in doing the same. If someone knows better way, then please let me know.

Steps to show watched movies and episodes in the New TV and Movies widgets:

1. Open up the following file:
Code:
%appdata%\XBMC\addons\service.skin.widgets\default.py

2. Search for the following line:
Code:
self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED = __addon__.getSetting("recentitems_unplayed") == 'true'

3. Change 'true' to 'false' and restart XBMC

You don't need to edit the .py file (which you need to re-edit every update), you can configure this in the add-on settings of skin.widgets.
Quote:You don't need to edit the .py file (which you need to re-edit every update), you can configure this in the add-on settings of skin.widgets.

Many thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I knew I was missing something.