Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [request] ESPN College Pass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Whilst I realise its a long shot that there's someone with the required skill set to make an addon for this who's also a college sports fan I would be eternally grateful and it would complete my sports streaming habit if someone could get ESPN's college pass service working within XBMC/Kodi
http://www.espnplayer.com/espnplayer/ncaa

These services are soooo much better when played through XBMC/Kodi rather than the flash players their websites force you to use
One more requesting.

Thanks.
I managed to get both live and archived streams to play.
Now, the code is currently a mess, it's mostly just separate requests and manually building the stream url, so I'm afraid I can't share it just yet but I'm hoping to have something more stable by the end of next week.

(2014-11-22, 18:48)~tbg Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to get both live and archived streams to play.
Now, the code is currently a mess, it's mostly just separate requests and manually building the stream url, so I'm afraid I can't share it just yet but I'm hoping to have something more stable by the end of next week.

Thank you for your efforts so far, I'll look forward to trying it out if you get to a point of cleaning up your code, and if your timescale is correct at least we'll get to see the season climax and playoffs via XBMC instead of the horrible flash player Smile
(2014-11-22, 18:48)~tbg Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to get both live and archived streams to play.

Nice, good work will this need ESPN player account also?
here's the first release
Main focus was on live games.
First time you start the addon you will be redirected to the settings page to set the ESPN Player username and password.

There are two dependencies needed:
- simplejson http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...-3.3.0.zip and
- xmltodict http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/scr...-0.9.0.zip
these are common modules so it's very likely that you already have them, if not you can install them from the zips linked above just like regular addons

Known issues:
- NCAA Shows will not show-up in the list, there were some script errors and I didn't get a change to look into this
- the link for archived games is at the bottom of the list, only the first page of the archived games(first 25) is shown
- seeking does not work for some of the archived games
- some games will show as LIVE even though they haven't started yet or are finished
- timezone for upcoming games is US ET

ImageImageImageImage
Many many thanks, the couple of games I can find on live now seem to be working perfectly (and I note the max bitrate on this addon is 3500k when the website only offers 2200k Smile )
I look forward to trying this out properly tomorrow and being able to give you some more informed feedback
So far so good, College Gameday is working perfectly via this addon,
I'm looking forward to watching The Buckeyes against TTUN later on it Smile

tbg thank you so much for your work
Anyone else having problems watching the streams? I can choose the bitrate but then I get an error saying the item failed to play.
(2015-03-20, 00:15)Antares0212 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else having problems watching the streams? I can choose the bitrate but then I get an error saying the item failed to play.

I'm having this problem too, but only with the march madness events. The other events work fine.

Same problem on the official LG TV App.

These streams work fine using the browser.

I was able to capture this log:

19:55:23 T:5120 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: https://api.contentgate.go.com/mCGate/v2...B+en_us%29
19:55:23 T:5120 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
19:55:23 T:5120 NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD:TonguereInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
19:55:23 T:5120 NOTICE: CWinRenderer:Tonguereinit - could not init DXVA-HD processor - skipping
19:55:23 T:2604 NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
19:55:23 T:2604 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
19:55:24 T:2604 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
19:55:24 T:2604 NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
19:55:25 T:2604 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
19:55:25 T:2604 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
new version
  • added SEC Network and ESPNU live streams
  • archived events are working again
  • will see tonight if live games are also working, I think there's a good chance for that
Hi.

I'm a basic user of Kodi.

I installed the addon but when i try run it give me an error.

Here's the log:

Quote:01:15:56 T:2420 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named m3u8.model
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f\default.py", line 1, in <module>
from resources.lib.espnplayer import *
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f\resources\lib\espnplayer.py", line 8, in <module>
import m3u8
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f\resources\lib\m3u8\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from m3u8.model import M3U8, Playlist, IFramePlaylist, Media, Segment
ImportError: No module named
-->End of Python script error report<--
01:15:56 T:5352 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espnplayer/
01:15:56 T:5352 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espnplayer/) failed
Hi tbg,

I am really interested on the development of this particular add-on because I am a huge fan of college football and skilled on programming but I still have no experience on building add-ons for Kodi. Anyway, I would like to give you some props in order to keep improving and releasing new versions of this add-on, so here you have a follower of your progression. I still have to check this out and come back with some feedback because I renewed the service yesterday. I will let you know later. Thank you!
I was able to receive the same exact exception as molhopicante already did. Here is attached...

Quote:16:14:22 T:1809830928 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named m3u8.model
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f/default.py", line 1, in <module>
from resources.lib.espnplayer import *
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f/resources/lib/espnplayer.py", line 8, in <module>
import m3u8
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/tbg-plugin.video.espnplayer-3c99e8a9465f/resources/lib/m3u8/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
from m3u8.model import M3U8, Playlist, IFramePlaylist, Media, Segment
ImportError: No module named m3u8.model
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:14:22 T:1961406464 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:14:22 T:1809830928 INFO: Python script stopped
16:14:22 T:1809830928 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 1809830928 terminating
16:14:22 T:1738535952 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
16:14:22 T:1961406464 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espnplayer/
16:14:22 T:1961406464 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espnplayer/) failed
16:14:22 T:1961406464 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video/)
whoops, some imports were messed up, I've changed the dependencies to be external libraries.
Here's a new version 0.2.1

Install this repo first it contains the m3u8 library needed by the plugin, or you can just install the m3u8 library directly from here
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6