Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV guide works perfectly in debug, stays empty in release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I use MediaPortal TV Server 1.2.1.0. When I run TvServerXBMC in debug mode, I can connect to it, watch television and the TV guide is filled with all the channel information. After putting TvServerXBMC.dll in de plugin folder, activating it in MediaPortal TV Server Configuration, restarting the service, I am again able to connect to it, to watch television, switch channels, recordings, but ... the TV guide is now empty. Running again in debug the TV guide is filled up again, switching back to release, TV guide is empty again. Am I missing something? I folowed these steps:

- Stop MediaPortal TV Server
- Copied the TvServerXBMC.dll to the plugin folder
- Started MediaPortal TV Server
- Opened MediaPortal TV Server Configuration
- Enabled TVServerXBMC plugin
- Clicked ok - At this moment I receive an error (don't now if it has something to do with the empty TV guide, I only receive it when TVServerXBMC.dll is in the plugin folder): Failed to locate assemby 'Gentle.Framework, Version=1.5.0.29112, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80b5de62e27be49b'. Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.
- Restarted MediaPortal TV Server

After these steps I'm able to watch television on my OpenElec XBMC using the MediaPortal client, switching channels, watch recordings, ... but no TV guide.

Any help is appreciated Smile.
My workaround for the moment: disabled the plugin in the MediaPortal TV Server Configuration, removed TvServerXBMC.dll from the plugin folder and scheduled a task to start TvServerXBMC.exe (the debug version) on system startup. This works great, but I can't imagine there's no real solution for this issue.
(2014-10-07, 11:01)b5draw Wrote: [ -> ]My workaround for the moment: disabled the plugin in the MediaPortal TV Server Configuration, removed TvServerXBMC.dll from the plugin folder and scheduled a task to start TvServerXBMC.exe (the debug version) on system startup. This works great, but I can't imagine there's no real solution for this issue.

Have you tried a more up-to-date version of TVE? I'm using 1.8.100.0 which was included with MP 1.9 Pre release and have no issues.