Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Add program-addon in the home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Thanks for this skin I love it!

Are there a way to put a specific program-addon in the Home screen ? next to the: PROGRAMS/PICTURES/VIDEOS/MUSIC/etc ?

what file should I edit to do that?

I tried the custom_DialogPresets.xml

Code:
<item id="13">
   <description>My Super Addon</description>
   <label>My Super Addon</label>
   <icon>mycustom_addon.png</icon>
   <onclick>noop</onclick>
</item>

But it did nothing..
Hi ricardo85x.

There's absolutely no need to edit any xml's - you can do all of this and more in the skin settings.

Here you can add your own categories, custom panels and submenus.

See this thread for more info.

Enter the Skin Settings -> Home -> Category Menu or Category Submenu.

To add an add-on, you need to add the add-on to your favourites and add this favourite in the skin settings.

If you need custom images to add to your new category, you can request them here.

Hope this helps Smile
(2014-10-05, 18:46)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ricardo85x.

There's absolutely no need to edit any xml's - you can do all of this and more in the skin settings.

Here you can add your own categories, custom panels and submenus.

See this thread for more info.

Enter the Skin Settings -> Home -> Category Menu or Category Submenu.

To add an add-on, you need to add the add-on to your favourites and add this favourite in the skin settings.

If you need custom images to add to your new category, you can request them here.

Hope this helps Smile

Hi

I am new to XBMC.
But I think on Android, the Setting for skin is not enabled.
It's in the top right corner. Also, it is in the home screen as a submenu to the Settings category.

Let me walk you through this then Smile

First you add the preferred add-on as a favourite. Enter the Programs category and the add-on you want to add to the home screen. Bring up the context menu by double tapping or pressing key C and select "Add to favourites".

Enter the Skin Settings -> Home -> Press the button "Add more categories".

Enable button "Custom 1".

Type - Favourite.

Path: Select your add-on from the favourites.

Add a custom category icon if you want that.

Add a custom panel (widget) if you want that.

Add the focused and unfocused category images. You can request them in the above mentioned thread if they don't exist.

Add a custom background image if you want that. This could for example be the fanart of your add-on (in the add-on folder).

Another powerful feature is adding add-on shortcuts to the categories in the home screen. You can do this in the Skin Settings -> Home -> Add-on shortcuts. Here you can add up to 6 add-ons for each category.
Thank you!
I did it Big Grin