Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [CLOSED] Legacy SexyCirrus Expanded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
UPDATE: [03/05/2016]
With the first release for Jarvis, SexyCirrus development has moved to the following thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272285
This thread is now closed.

UPDATE: [16/01/2016]
Work still continues on the series with more views, more options, and more smooth transitions and animations. Screens can be seen here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2214442
The preview edition is still available from the link in the update post directly below.

UPDATE: [01/11/2015]
A preview release of SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X is now available to be downloaded. Please read the post here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148203. This will be the final posting of binaries on this thread, the full SexyCirrus Expanded 3.3.X will be posted at the end of the month in a new thread as this one has become antiquated.

UPDATE: [12/04/2015]
Above is a tiny update to the ViewsGamesBigTitan view to make it compliant with Kodi 14.2 and correct the alignment issues with the labels plus fix the search activator. This will be the last update in any form for the WIP release as these were initially developed for Cirrus Extended 3.1.2 / XBMC 13.2 and focus shifted solely toward clean rewrites and new viewtypes for Kodi using the current Helix build of Cirrus shortly after the initial WIP posting. The release of which, is still coming.

** Antiquated Original WIP Release for Cirrus Extended 3.1.X / XBMC 12.X Frodo / XBMC 13.X Gotham **

NOTE: Information and screenshots in the following post are for the original WIP release ONLY.

SexyCirrus Expanded - WIP version 09/12/2014 + KODI FIX for ViewGamesBigTitan

DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

ViewsGamesBigTitan - KODI FIX <-- For KODI Only! (Not for XBMC)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip the contents of the archive to your skin.cirrus.extended directory (usually located C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.cirrus.extended\ on Windows based machines). You may be prompted to overwrite various elements.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

10 new views that don't interfere with the pre-existing ones! Smile
These are Mini Poster, Mini Square, Mini Wide, Wall Poster, Wall Square, Wall Wide, Big Poster, Big Slim, Big Square, and Big Titan. It also includes a modified includes.xml, myprograms.xml, and strings.po (English only) and in order for the skin to recognise these new views, these three files must be overwritten.

Keep in mind this is not an officially endorsed item by the Cirrus Extended team and if your XBMC install is setup to automatically update then any proper releases from the Cirrus Extended team will overwrite your current SexyCirrus install and the views will no longer work. Furthermore, the views are using IDs which are currently left vacant by Cirrus Extended at the moment and this could change at anytime.

WHAT WORKS:
Most things as they should. This has been made using Cirrus Extended 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 and thusly is confirmed to work with these versions.

WHAT DOESN'T:
The search function on the Big Titan view is currently broken and does not work but will soon. There are probably more issues so feel free to address them as they are discovered. This is currently a WIP version and not the complete item. Things such as ViewsGamesBigSquare are reflective of this.

WHAT'S COMING:
There are a few new views of much greater complexity being worked on as well as many sub-options to augment the viewtypes and allow for far more versatility which will be selectable from the slideout menu. The information window (typically accessed by pressing down) is being expanded to accomodate the relevant types of box art for the associated view (currently in Cirrus' default state they all show posters only). The current set of viewtypes will be expanded to also cater for other types of box art, particularly 7th and 8th generation consoles which have the Blu-Ray / stubby DVD case style type.

OTHER INFO:
Enjoy and please feel free to let me know you thoughts. But please keep it constructive. Smile

BIG THANKS to the XBMC and Cirrus Extended teams. None of this would have been done without your amazing work.

ViewsGamesMiniSeries (WIP)

ViewsGamesWallSeries (WIP)

ViewsGamesBigSeries (WIP)
First of all I must say You put a lot of work into this views, and on the attached screenshots they look pretty good.

As I have never been using the part of XBMC and I never got Advanced Launcher to work Smile I didn't took this part of the skin so serious.

But as you say this are additional views that are not replacing any other existing view I suppose they could get integrated into Cirrus Extended.

You could even do it by yourself by making a pull request in my github. This should be the easiest way.
(2014-10-18, 09:24)paradix Wrote: [ -> ]First of all I must say You put a lot of work into this views, and on the attached screenshots they look pretty good.

As I have never been using the part of XBMC and I never got Advanced Launcher to work Smile I didn't took this part of the skin so serious.

But as you say this are additional views that are not replacing any other existing view I suppose they could get integrated into Cirrus Extended.

You could even do it by yourself by making a pull request in my github. This should be the easiest way.

Gratitude for the kind words. If the views and code are up to standard I'd happily consider submitting them to be added to Cirrus Extended. Please excuse my ignorance, but as I have never contributed to an active project before I am unaware as to how it all works and what protocols are to be followed. I still plan to rewrite them all again just to ensure everything is clean and there is no redudant or useless code as well as having logical annotations plus there are still a great more many minor additions and things to iron out first such as adding various options.

I have wondered, in building the ViewsGamesBigSeries of views if Advanced Launcher / Cirrus Extended scrapes rating data from TheGamesDB or AllGame or possesses the capacity to? I don't know if the logic is already there, is missing from Advanced Launcher, is missing from Cirrus Extended, or either of the scraping services simply just don't offer it. If is any but the latter I would be interesting in helping add the code in to facilitate it if it is hopefully not beyond my spectrum. This way I can have the star rating system that is present in the normal ViewsVideoBigposter.xml working for not just the ViewsGameBigSeries but all other game views as well. I could even add in the logic to make it a selectable option. But first I need to know where to begin.

As well as the above, I have also spent some time making genre flags for these viewtypes. The logic is already there to call upon them, simply none exist, so I started making some. These will be used in the ViewsGamesBigSeries along with the normal studio flags to help emulate the look from ViewsVideoBigposter and achieve that cohesion I'm chasing.
First off all lets concentrate on making the team work work Smile
Have you ever used any version control system like cvs or svn? If yes than you will have no trouble using git.

The source files are managed through github, so it would be best if you make a fork of my git repo of Cirrus Extended.
This way you can work on your changes and when you are ready we can merge them together to integrate your changes in the main line.

If you will have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
If the github thing is too much effort you can always send my a zip file of the changes.
I'll try to integrate them but you will need to test the skin afterwards because I simply don't know how Smile as I never used Advanced Launcher.
I think it best that I provide you with a zip of my works then. Only because I have never used / contributed to any SVN or Github before and am not familiar how (although I imagine it is not hard) and the new views were written purely to satisfy my uses - if others can benefit from them, including the authors such as yourself, I'm happy to pass them on. I don't mean any disrespect by this. I just prefer to operate on a level of making things work for my own interests, as a leisure thing, I suppose if anything that results that from that happens to align with another persons preference I am happy to share.

If any of my contributions happen to align in a fashion that is beneficial to the Cirrus team then I am happy to help. I am going to message Angelscry from Advanced Launcher later as to ask about any abilities it has to scrape rating data and try to add this in / or get Cirrus to play nice with it and bring those changes into the new views I created as well as a couple of others I have planned. If anything comes about that would be for the betterment of Cirrus Extended I will pass that on for your review.

I will finish my clean rewrites of the views shown above by weekends end and provide them to you then if that would be suitable? You may use them at your leisure and if they ended up in the Cirrus skin in some form I would be immensely complimented but if not, it makes no difference. Smile

It is a shame you haven't used Advanced Launcher with Cirrus as it behaves wonderfully with it and some the pre-existing presentation options are great. It has been fun to expand upon them. The great integration of Advanced Launcher with Cirrus is what spurred me to start creating an all-in-one media / gaming center and has been a great platform to create a console like experience. Truly wonderful stuff. Smile
Apologies I have not been more forthcoming with an update. Recent times have been busy and I foolishly was working on a bunch of new views directly in my Cirrus folder which got wiped when Cirrus 3.1.4 came through. Tongue

However, I have been rebuilding them and will provide them shortly. There have been a few changes made since before and many of them look much more dynamic and polished. For example, here is an example of the visual changes to ViewsGamesBigTitan.

EDIT: Apologies, I meant Cirrus 3.1.2
when??

any eta on this project being released? please!

this is perfect for my travel htpc.

Thank you!!!
This works great. And most even work on kodi/helixTongue just what i needed/wanted! your my hero!
I'm currently working on making these Kodi compatible. This will be presented in the next release which will contain several improvements as well as a slew of new viewtypes. Thanks. Smile
hi ,
i m sorry for my english, im french ^^

a video trailer is possible ? in the skin cirrus ?

Thank very much
good work

Tony from Paris
Nice work. I do miss item info though; the option to show/hide info (like the other view types) would be awesome.

Also, I can't figure out how to get more details on an item when using the wall views (the screen where it shows "get fanart," "get info," "get thumbs," etc.).

Seriously though, the extra views you added are very, very nice.
(2015-04-05, 07:29)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work. I do miss item info though; the option to show/hide info (like the other view types) would be awesome.

Also, I can't figure out how to get more details on an item when using the wall views (the screen where it shows "get fanart," "get info," "get thumbs," etc.).

Thanks for that. Smile

Are you referring to the flyout menu which is triggered when you press down on your input device on most other views? You can still access the standard Advanced Launcher menus by pressing 'C' to modify your data / thumbs / fanart / etc... in wall views. However, you cannot do this and will never likely be able to do this ever in a wall view due to design as all directional keys are occupied for navigation plus it wouldn't be possible to trigger the flyout for any items not on the edges of the wallview.
(2015-04-12, 14:28)Rufoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-05, 07:29)S3N1L3AN1MAL Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work. I do miss item info though; the option to show/hide info (like the other view types) would be awesome.

Thanks for that. Smile

Are you referring to the flyout menu which is triggered when you press down on your input device on most other views? You can still access the standard Advanced Launcher menus by pressing 'C' to modify your data / thumbs / fanart / etc... in wall views. However, you cannot do this and will never likely be able to do this ever in a wall view due to design as all directional keys are occupied for navigation plus it wouldn't be possible to trigger the flyout for any items not on the edges of the wallview.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. I see what you mean. I wonder if it's possible to circumvent that limitation by activating the flyout menu (normally triggered when pressing down) via a non directional keystroke?

I'm glad to see you posted an update for Kodi. Looking forward to trying that when I make the (over due) switch from Gotham.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9