Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Latest test builds for Gotham and Helix - testers required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OneDrive folder

Conq 2.3.0 = Helix

Please leave any feedback here.

Thanks.
I have noticed two things on my Helix build:

1. In the Live TV 'Guide' (or EPG) view the logos for the channels are not scaled correctly. Works fine in Gotham with v1.2.0

Helix:

Gotham:

2. The heading for the 'Recordings' section is mislabeled in the Helix version as 'Radio:Guide'.

Helix:

Gotham:
Thanks for the feedback - I can't fully test the Live TV stuff myself as the PVR demo doesn't seem to like Helix.
tetsted the Gotham build and as far as i can see no problems here.

Thanks for you good work !!
Hey Hitcher,

Been using 2.2.0 Helix version on 2 Pi´s for... probably more than 10 days.
I have a very basic setup with video and music libraries only.
Working fine without any issues so far.
Recommended + random is working all the time now which wasn´t the case before where I had some problems... however, I have installed skin.widget (which isn´t a dependency, correct?) which actually seemed to have fixed it on one setup in 2.1.0 before. Might have been a coincident though.
Helix Beta 2

When adding different video libraries it seems to add them all into one movie folder once scraped with the movie scraper. I like to keep concerts, animated movies separate. New to the skin so could be I haven't figured out how to separate them yet.
(2014-11-14, 23:34)Tennyten Wrote: [ -> ]Helix Beta 2

When adding different video libraries it seems to add them all into one movie folder once scraped with the movie scraper. I like to keep concerts, animated movies separate. New to the skin so could be I haven't figured out how to separate them yet.

This is how Kodi works nothing to do with the skin.
Any chance of touch/mouse support in the pipeline?
Unfortunately not as there's lots of little tricks used that wont work with anything but remote/keyboard controls.
Hi Hitcher,

I know you don't use PVR at all - but I have one feature request I hope you might entertain for the PVR section. One of the best features of the PVR front end is being able to set up a series recording directly from Kodi without having to go to the backend. This is only possible however if the skin supports it.

As I understand it in order to enable series recording you need the two xml skin files that a PVR addon would use for this function (RecordPrefs.xml and DeleteTimer.xml).

Any chance you could skin these for Conq?

Many thanks man - great skin - use it every day.
(2014-11-23, 14:04)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately not as there's lots of little tricks used that wont work with anything but remote/keyboard controls.

Ah that's a shame, it did look fantastic on my Nexus 7.

But I've just moved to Helix on my main setup, and have a few bugs/suggestions, feel free to completely disregard them though, I'm no designer but I do appreciate the minimalism

I think the volume meter could do with a change, something similar to the video progress/seek bar in its place would be fantastic. The current one doesn't provide much of a visual cue, and can be hard to see when sitting further away, in addition to not quite fitting in with the rest of the OSD (IMO).

The channel list (below) has a lot of empty space, and doesn't quite give enough room for titles. And a suggestion: could you include a "Next" EPG entry at the bottom of the list for the currently selected channel? Really useful for compulsive channel surfers, saves us having to backspace out to the main Live TV menu Tongue

edit: it's also missing the nice animation the other OSD windows have

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a "Next" EPG entry in the info dialogue, perhaps at the bottom-right here would be useful too:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where it says "17 Channels" the font sizes are different. Also, any chance of a little video preview window here, perhaps below the plot info? edit: found there's background video for this

Thanks!
One more, any way to get screenshots instead of posters? They are a lot more useful in cases like this:

And is the PVR status widget in the home screen supposed to show upcoming recordings? At the moment the widget is enabled in settings but does not appear. Either something is wrong or it only shows up when an actual recording is happening, will find out later today.
There is also some inconsistent font spacing, I thought it might have been a typical badly formatted EPG, but Confluence displays it correctly. Eg lines 3 & 4 here:

Didn't notice this before, but the the EPG "Next" entry in the bottom-right in this screenshot gets cut off with a "..." when the entry is more than a few words in length, when there should be plenty of room to display it in full:

New Helix build available v2.3.0.
Pages: 1 2