Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: One XBMC Instance shows "Channel 7xxx" names instead of station IDs in EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a problem with one of my XBMC clients, that I don't see on my other instances. The problem occured only recently (see below).
Here is the problem:
When I am updating the EPG (or reloading it after resetting the EPG database), all channels from the NextPVR show as "Channel 7xxx", instead of using the name assigned in NextPVR (like e.g. "WFAA").
This is only happening for one XBMC client, my other clients display the channel names correctly. I looked at the log files and I would say that the list of channels, including the correct names is queried from the backend correctly.
I can manually go into XBMC and modify the channel names, which will work until I disable the add-in or reset the EPG database, at which point the "Channel 7xxx" names are showing up again.

Things worked fine initially, and I would say the problem started after I corrected an error I made in the xbmc-genre-translation.xml file and a subsequent flush of the EPG database in XBMC. I don't know if I inadvertently changed a configuration somewhere to cause this, but if so, I can't find it.

I have tried to reset the PVR database, disable and re-enabled the add-on, and disabled/re-enabled LiveTV.
I have temporarily switched to another PVR Add-on (Windows Media Center Client), and with that the channel names populate again as provided by Windows MC. When I am switching back to the NextPVR, the "Channel 7xxx" names reappear.

My Setup:
NextPVR backend and main XBMC client on a Windows machine. Additional XBMC clients on another Windows machine and on Raspberry PI.
The problem shows on the XBMC client that is co-located with the NextPVR backend

Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?
Thanks, Dieter