Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Openweathermap.extended in MQ5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty easy to get ronie's new weather addon working with MQ5.

Warning - this involves modding some skin files, so make sure you back them up first !!!

There are only three files to alter. Firstly, "Home.xml" - I just changed line 880 to read

Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-75,0" condition="![StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo)]">Conditional</animation>

Basically, I changed the weather.ozweather to weather.openweathermap.extended.

You need to make the same change in "IncludesMenuWidgets.xml". Change line 38126 to read

Code:
<visible>StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id),weather) + Window.IsVisible(Home) + [StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo)]</visible>

Then again in "IncludesVariables.xml" Change lines 3289 & 3290 to read

Code:
    <value condition="[StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo)]">[COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[Weather.Temperature][/COLOR][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Current.Condition)][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR]$INFO[System.Date][COLOR=50FFFAF0] | [/COLOR][COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[System.Time][/COLOR]</value>
    <value condition="![StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.openweathermap.extended) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.worldweatheronline) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground) | StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.yahoo)]">[COLOR=$VAR[value_headercolor]]$INFO[System.Time][/COLOR]</value>

Thanks to Wanilton for pointing out I had missed this part out !! Blush

Reload your skin/restart XBMC and your weather should work properly.

Note though that maps don't work - I'll look into that later and see if I can work out what needs changing.
Thank you sir! Gonna give this a shot when I get home!
thanks @black_eagle - i did the above edits and have posted the two files to my dropbox here for those that are weary about editing skin files.
@bry- Thanks mate, most helpful Smile

Will look at getting maps working over the weekend.
Need change 2 places more (lines 3290 and 3291) in IncludesVariables.xml file too.
(2014-10-30, 19:18)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Need change 2 places more (lines 3290 and 3291) in IncludesVariables.xml file too.

True. I had changed those but I must have closed that file in my text editor before I started this thread. My bad !! Blush

Without those two lines, you don't get the current conditions next to the clock on the main menu bar.

Updated 1st post.
Can anyone post the edited files again? Not totally sure how to edit the xml files to get openweathermap extended to work in MQ5. I keep geting script failed errors when trying to enter a location. Thanks.
Script failed relates to the add-on it's self. Nothing to do with the skin.

You'll need to upload a log and post it in the openweathermap thread.