Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Guide] Get "Pulsar" to stream without providers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone.

A little prelude:
Originally I made a comment within the development thread itself.. But nobody wants to read 90 pages of comments to get through to the point.
Well, I finally got the 0.2 version of Pulsar down on my Raspberry Pi, but I couldn't get it to work at all with any of the providers / repositories.. It simply kept on crashing, and I've read through 60 pages of comments only to find out that people are experiencing the same when using Pulsar on a Raspberry Pi..

So I thought back at when I used XBMCTorrent, I had a Chrome-addon which sent any magnet-link straight to XBMCTorrent to be streamed. But it was programmed only to use the XBMCTorrent to handle magnet-links, and I quickly found out that it was open-source. I did a few modifications and it actually ended up working.
Now I can find any magnet link and send it straight to my Raspberry Pi. No providers and definitely no repositories needed.

The guide itself to make this work: (original comment found here)

I took this addon (which luckily was open-source):
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kpakkebden
(Edit: for more information on how it works, read about it on the page above. In short, it can send links from your browser straight to your XBMC to be streamed.
The nice thing is that it also works with magnet-"links", which mean you can right-click any magnet-"link" in your Chrome and send it to your XBMC so that it can get streamed.)

The Github is here:
https://github.com/khloke/play-to-xbmc-chrome

And modified it a very little to make it work with Pulsar. The file to edit is located at: "\play-to-xbmc-chrome-master\js\module.js"

You can do it yourself by downloading the master.zip from the Github, extract the .zip, and edit the "module.js" file manually at line 63 (this may change at later addon-updates):

Code:
getPluginPath: function(url, callback) {
        callback('plugin://plugin.video.xbmctorrent/play/' + encodeURIComponent(url));

To:
Code:
getPluginPath: function(url, callback) {
        callback('plugin://plugin.video.pulsar/play?uri=' + encodeURIComponent(url));

and then just save the module.js.

Now, head into Chrome, and:
  1. Go to chrome://flags . (Type it in the address-bar / url-bar / top-internet-address-field / I hope you get what I mean by now - and press Enter)
  2. Find "Experimental Extension APIs", and click its "Enable" link.
  3. Restart Chrome.

Then -
  1. Find the "Settings" bar in Chrome (it's in the top right corner).
  2. Select "More Tools -> Extensions"
  3. Find the "Developer mode" checkbox in the right corner, and tick/mark it.
  4. Select "Load unpacked extension" and point it to your edited (and extracted) version of PlayToXBMC
  5. Then it should work.. Set it up as normal in the addons options. If you dont know how, click here.

I've tried it with a few random torrents and it seems to be working flawlessly. I'm currently running on OpenElec 4.2.1 on a RaspberryPi and I couldn't really get any of the repositories to work.. But this does!!

I hope this helps.

P.S:
I'm really not anything of a programmer or nothing. I just tried using my logic and it randomly worked out.

Edit #1:
The user uomiarz pointed out that the addon changed, and the file to edit has changed. I've updated the thread - thanks!
u12z i have try this, from my pc to my tv, and i only can stream from YouTube to my tv.
If i go to the pirate bay, and i klik on the magnet link, nothing happens ??
Can you tell me how i can stream from a torrent site to my tv.

And yes i have change the xbmc-helper.js.

Greetz
(2014-10-29, 15:02)bundyal Wrote: [ -> ]u12z i have try this, from my pc to my tv, and i only can stream from YouTube to my tv.
If i go to the pirate bay, and i klik on the magnet link, nothing happens ??
Can you tell me how i can stream from a torrent site to my tv.

And yes i have change the xbmc-helper.js.

Greetz

Sure. Lets take it from the beginning Smile. NB: Every time I've written "Raspberry Pi" just think of your XBMC instead, e.g. instead of "Raspberrys local IP" it'll be "your XBMCs local IP".

1)
First, you'll need to setup your addon. You can do so by finding the addon-icon in the top-right corner of your Chrome. Right click that and select "Options".

1.1)
In the options, there should be some options you'll have to configure.
- I hope the image shows it well enough how to set it up.
To find your XBMCs local IP, you can check under the "Settings -> System Information" - it should be there under "IP address".

1.2)
Press "Save" under options in your addon options-menu.

1.3)
On your XBMC, go to "Settings -> Services -> Webserver" and make sure the "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" is enabled, and that the port matches your options from above.

2)
Lets say we want to use PirateBay.. For an example this torrent:
Code:
http://fastpiratebay.eu/thepiratebay.se/torrent/8567139

(I can only access ThePirateBay through a proxy since my ISP blocked access to the thepiratebay.se-domain).

2.1)
And on that site there SHOULD be a magnet-link, and you just have to right-click, find the "Play To XBMC" sub-menu and select "Play now".
It should look like this:

3)
And it should hopefully work. That's what I did Smile.

4)
If it still doesn't work, try download the one I edited and see if it makes any changes for you:
Code:
http://uploadmirrors.com/download/1JGCBEME/play-to-xbmc-chrome-master.7z
(The version above is outdated, but it still works for me. If you want the newest version of the addon, look in the main thread (at the top))

- There's also a VirusTotal-scan here, just to be sure right?:
Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e1d538bf24e1f0417c9e81ef3ff8aa8528f3b6d33c76734579733fccec9903cf/analysis/1414598649/
works great, however i run into the same problem i had with pulsar before that the stream dies after the same x seconds each time

For TV Shows, about 5-10 seconds after it starts it jus goes back to the menus. I never got help on the Pulsar forums so i gave up. But if you dont have that issue, this addon is great.

Also, the problem im having isnt because of this, its because of Pulsar addon.
(2014-10-29, 22:00)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]works great, however i run into the same problem i had with pulsar before that the stream dies after the same x seconds each time

For TV Shows, about 5-10 seconds after it starts it jus goes back to the menus. I never got help on the Pulsar forums so i gave up. But if you dont have that issue, this addon is great.

Seems weird, I haven't experienced that yet.. But I did experience it back in the XBMCTorrent - a lot!
I sadly can't tell you why I don't have those issues Sad... (yet).
(2014-10-29, 22:23)u12z Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 22:00)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]works great, however i run into the same problem i had with pulsar before that the stream dies after the same x seconds each time

Seems weird, I haven't experienced that yet.. But I did experience it back in the XBMCTorrent - a lot!

out of curiosity, how did you get it to work with xbmctorrent instead?

just want to test if i get the same issues
(2014-10-30, 12:32)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 22:23)u12z Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, I just used the stock addon found at the Chrome addon-store:
Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/play-to-xbmc/fncjhcjfnnooidlkijollckpakkebden

And figured that it was hard-programmed to XBMCTorrent.. As you can see in the open source:
Code:
https://github.com/khloke/play-to-xbmc-chrome/blob/master/js/xbmc-helper.js
(This has probably changed, look in the main thread)

On line 182-183 you can see:
Code:
    case 'magnet':
return 'plugin://plugin.video.xbmctorrent/play/' + encodeURIComponent(videoId);

It's configured to use XBMCTorrent from the beginning Smile
(2014-10-30, 13:55)u12z Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-30, 12:32)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 22:23)u12z Wrote: [ -> ]Seems weird, I haven't experienced that yet.. But I did experience it back in the XBMCTorrent - a lot!

Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/play-to-xbmc/fncjhcjfnnooidlkijollckpakkebden

And figured that it was hard-programmed to XBMCTorrent.. As you can see in the open source:
Code:

Code:
    case 'magnet':

oh didn't know that.

will check when i get home if its pulsar causing the issues or my setup.

thanks for your great guide and help
(2014-10-30, 15:48)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-30, 13:55)u12z Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-30, 12:32)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]out of curiosity, how did you get it to work with xbmctorrent instead?

Code:

Code:

Code:
    case 'magnet':

oh didn't know that.

will check when i get home if its pulsar causing the issues or my setup.

thanks for your great guide and help

No problem, I really enjoy contributing Smile.
First of all thank you for your support u12z.
I have one question, must i have installed pulsar, for this can work Huh
(2014-10-30, 20:36)bundyal Wrote: [ -> ]First of all thank you for your support u12z.
I have one question, must i have installed pulsar, for this can work Huh

Yeah, you do Smile.
The smart thing with the Chrome-addon is that it removes all the hassle with setting up repositories for Pulsar. This kind of bypasses it, which is helpful for those who can't get the repositories to work (including myself).

If you don't know where to download it, just head to this page:
Code:
https://github.com/steeve/plugin.video.pulsar/releases

and download the latest release.
They usually come in .zip files which can be installed from your XBMC (if you don't know how to do this, look here -> CLICK). Just follow the first three steps. After installation (when you're at step 3), you can confirm by checking if "Pulsar" is there in your Video-addons.
u12z thank you, yes i installed Pulsar and it works.
The only problem i have is now that the movie stops with in 3 minutes,
Steeve say on the forum that its over in v0.3 that the movie freezes.

Greetz
(2014-11-03, 11:38)bundyal Wrote: [ -> ]u12z thank you, yes i installed Pulsar and it works.
The only problem i have is now that the movie stops with in 3 minutes,
Steeve say on the forum that its over in v0.3 that the movie freezes.

Greetz

Good to hear that it finally works Smile!

I haven't experienced that yet luckily. Mine works smooth as ever!
Pulsar's really nice, especially since it's only version 0.2 at the moment.
Great extension and great guide.
Apparently few things have changed over a course of last few days.

Add on was updated with ability to stream to different xbmc machines.

File to modify is no longer js/xbmc-helper.js

File to modify is:
Code:
js/modules.js

Search for line 63 (this may change in the future)
Code:

and replace with
Code:

Rest stay the same
(2014-11-08, 07:00)uomiarz Wrote: [ -> ]Great extension and great guide.
Apparently few things have changed over a course of last few days.

Add on was updated with ability to stream to different xbmc machines.

File to modify is no longer js/xbmc-helper.js

File to modify is:
Code:
js/modules.js

Search for line 63 (this may change in the future)
Code:

and replace with
Code:

Rest stay the same

Thanks for that man Smile Will update the main thread when I got the time for it !
Pages: 1 2