Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library building and arrangement help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I started using XBMC a while ago and I should really start this by thanking everyone in the team for such an awesome gift for us. I really love this. I got no problems for now except some choppy video issues on only two video files in my library for which I've started looking at the threads dedicated for that thing. I want some one to help me with the following arrangement of my library.

Is there anyway to set XBMC to store all the data like Actor/Actress thumbs and any other art data in my installation folder itself? (I did not install it in the default C:/Programs)

I started using Media Center Master for scraping the fan art/folder icons etc. It stores all the stuff in the default folder of the movie. I would like to have XBMC use the data in the folder instead of downloading it from internet. How can I do that easy way?

I purchased an external drive to hold my media collection and I wanted to move the media to that drive with an arrangement of a single folder containing the movie and all fanart/cast/backdrops in itself and wanted XBMC to read/show all the collection like it did read from my internal hard drive. Can I do that?

For now I only added a few movies to my library and XBMC does more than enough for me but do I have to worry about adding a large collection like some 200-300 movies? I guess XBMC has got nothing with the number, it is my hardware that does the job. I got 2 GB of DDR3 with normal Intel integrated graphics and P6200 Intel CPU.

The stats of my system and build : I'm running XBMC Frodo 12.3 on a Windows 7 SP1 system.
1. The metadata for you videos is not stored in the C:/Program but rather: C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
You can export to a single or separate file in settings>video>library>export video

2. If your using a 3rd party manager (MCM) you can set it to use the local scraper

3. Yes, just add your hard-drive location as a source
(2014-10-28, 20:37)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]1. The metadata for you videos is not stored in the C:/Program but rather: C:\Users\.......\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
You can export to a single or separate file in settings>video>library>export video

2. If your using a 3rd party manager (MCM) you can set it to use the local scraper

3. Yes, just add your hard-drive location as a source

Thanks for the reply.

1. Can I set XBMC to use a separate folder for that function? And if I export it to separate files like you said, I got a folder .actors in the movie folder. Will XBMC look for the data/thumbs in this folder when it displays the art? Or rescrape the particular thumbs and place them in Appdata\Roaming\XBMC?

2. Should I point out the exe file of MCM to XBMC to use it as a scraper? If I have all the things like .folder, .nfo in the particular folder of each movie, should I again ask XBMC to scrape them?

3. Will it display all the fanart and thumbs usually without need of connecting to internet?
1. Yes, re-scrape nominally happens when you refresh a file in the library, you will be given an option to use local or ignore and scrape from the internet
On export individual goes to the folder of the show or movie, whereas a single file, you pick the location.
The .actor thumbs will use what is set, however if you have a particular actor listed in the nfo but no associated artwork, xbmc will try to scrape the missing artwork

2. Doesn't make a difference, but couldn't hurt, compare the nfo of each and see if you are missing any fields, kodi/xbmc scrapers are always updated being community driven. MCM might not populate all fields when something new gets added to kodi/xbmc or a sites API changes, i guess you can chop and change as required.

3. Yes, if MCM has scraped all the appropriate artworks and you've set to local scrape (ymmv)