Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Clearart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to get clearart to show in skins having almost no luck. I'd appreciate some troubleshooting ideas.
The only skin that will show clearart (when pausing the video) of the ones I've tested is Aeon Nox 4.0.9 (the old version). I've tried with the following other skins:

Aeon Nox 5.1.5
Conq 1.1.0
Black Glass Nova 2.2.0
Metropolis 2.9
Transparency 6.0.8
re-Touched 2.1.1
Neon 3.0.8

These may not all support clearart, but I know some of them do. Where I've found settings in the skin to enable clearart, I've turned that on. What could be wrong?
You haven't downloaded any?
Yes, definitely have them in the movie folders, imported with Artwork Downloader, and as I say, they are showing up but ONLY in the old version of Aeon Nox.
I noticed you have Conq listed but that definitely doesn't support clear art.
I wasn't sure, the features page is all question marks for Conq.
So, of the ones I listed, according to
http://kodi.wiki/view/Comparison_of_skin_features
these should support clearart but don't (for me)

Aeon Nox (apparently all versions)
Black Glass Nova
Neon
Transparency
Re-Touched ?? (all question marks)
Metropolis ?? (all question marks)
I don't think aeon nox 5 uses clearart. Aeon nox gotham uses clearart under the landscape view. Sometimes you have to restart xbmc after downloading the artwork for it to showup.
Maybe Aeon Nox 5 doesn't support clearart, although that skin feature page lists Aeon Nox for both Gotham and Helix, both indicating it does support it. In any case, I'm pretty sure Black Glass Nova and a few others do, but doesn't work for me, even after restarting XBMC.

Strange thing is, When I go into a movie's Choose Art menu, for instance in BG Nova, I see the clearart there. It just doesn't show up in use.
Better off asking the relevant skin's forum.
There are also sometimes additional settings in system>appearance>skin settings that must be enabled.
I asked here because whatever the problem is it is affecting multiple skins. As I said, I've checked all the skin setting and made sure to enable any related to art. Maybe I'll wait and see if Helix improves things; if not I'll just grin and bear it.
Try aeon nox 4.1.9 gotham.
I can't seem to install Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 from the zip file, when I download it and choose it under "Settings>Add-ons>Install from zip file", nothing happens. But as said, clearart works for me in 4.0.9. I assume it would also in 4.1.9. My question is, why no other skins?
you have to manually install 4.1.9.9
Hi,

i can only speak for my skins: Nebula and Black Glass Nova.

To have clearArt for movies/tvshows/musicvideos you need:

Artwork Downloader installed and enabled.
Enable clearArt in skin settings.
Go into addons and start Artwork Downloader for artwork mass download or for every movie you want clearArt, call Artwork Download via context menu: "Artwork downloader solo".

Thanks

Tgx
Thank you Tgx. Yes, I've got the clearart downloaded, used Artwork Downloader to import it, and definitely have clearart enabled in skin settings of Black Glass Nova.

And I am getting the clearart showing in Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9, but unfortunately not in Black Glass Nova (and other skins). In BGN, I can see it when I go to a movie's information page, and select Choose Art. There's an entry for clearart and the art is there. But when I play and pause the movie, no joy.
Pages: 1 2