Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi v14- Auto Start Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I upgraded to the new Kodi v14 on my Micro Server running Ubuntu

Now after reboot Kodi will not auto start.

The only way to get it to start was to use a mouse and go to apps or open terminal and run kodi. I don;t have a mouse on my box so this is a frustration if the kids want to watch media as I have to be there to start Kodi.

Please help as I am not an Ubuntu guru
Hello.

Firstly a Debug log (wiki) would go a long way in determining several pertinent information.
Secondly a output of

Code:
sudo ls -all /etc/init | pastebinit

that would help determine if you using upstart script or not and if xbmc.conf exists in your etc/init folder then its a question of a simple modification on the initiation line.
In any case the forst will help determine how to make a proper upstart script.
(2014-11-11, 16:50)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Firstly a Debug log (wiki) would go a long way in determining several pertinent information.
Secondly a output of

Code:

that would help determine if you using upstart script or not and if xbmc.conf exists in your etc/init folder then its a question of a simple modification on the initiation line.

Hi I tried to see if I could solve this myself and still no luck so here is the pastbin

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9282353/

CyberSA
(2014-11-28, 14:29)CyberSA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-11, 16:50)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

Secondly a output of

Code:

Hi I tried to see if I could solve this myself and still no luck so here is the pastbin

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9282353/

CyberSA

Yes you have xbmcbuntu.conf in there... that is what autostarts xbmc/kodi.

Code:
sudo ls -all /etc/init/xbmcbuntu.conf | pastebinit

Now... if you just looking to get your session xbmc loaded, you need to log off from xbmcbuntu session (log off from desktop bit) and login into xbmc session or kodi session (depends if your running v13 (xbmc or v14 (kodi)

Then lightdm remembers the last uses d session and loads that auto.

simple.
(2014-11-28, 15:41)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-28, 14:29)CyberSA Wrote: [ -> ][quote='uNiversal' pid='1833965' dateline='1415717429']

Yes you have xbmcbuntu.conf in there... that is what autostarts xbmc/kodi.

Code:
sudo ls -all /etc/init/xbmcbuntu.conf | pastebinit

Now... if you just looking to get your session xbmc loaded, you need to log off from xbmcbuntu session (log off from desktop bit) and login into xbmc session or kodi session (depends if your running v13 (xbmc or v14 (kodi)

Then lightdm remembers the last uses d session and loads that auto.

simple.

Thanks mate, it was the logoff issue. I also upgraded from Ubuntu 12 to 14 and in 12 it gave an option to login to a session at the user name. Now I had to click the top right hand corner to choose the right session to login too.

Blush :facepalm:
I figured as much when I saw the pastebin I asked for.

Feel free to full edit main post and mark as solved.

And if you feel extra generous bump my rep too on the solution post.

Enjoy.