Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best Media Organizer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've had a lot of luck with TheRenamer but I was wondering what else is out there? I often have to deal with duplicate files and renaming things to the proper format. Suggestions?
I use theReanmer, and do love it. A list of alternate tools http://kodi.wiki/view/Supplemental_tools/Windows I'm often plagued by duplicates and haven't found a good tools for that yet, what I think is a duplicate often is re-make or alternate ending version.
I've been using mediaelch for a while and really like it.

http://www.kvibes.de/en/mediaelch/
I'm. Using metabrowser for me it gives me full control and lots of options.
I used to use therenamer.

Now I use filebot.
I like filebot but I haven't used any others.
It would be awesome if XBMC had a media organizer in it. Something that searched for duplicates and allowed you to actively delete them....
Bit dangerous to put in front of a child with a remote control LOL.
FileBot - it's good software and is generally accurate.
for renaming files I used a free software called ant renamer which I found Exellent and the best thing it's got support forum so the Dev will help you.
Filebot for me right now, though I want to try to automate it that way I could automate handbrake too.
(2014-11-19, 04:03)poplap Wrote: [ -> ]Filebot for me right now, though I want to try to automate it that way I could automate handbrake too.

Filebot is what I use too, and it is REALLY easy to automate with the CLI version. Here's a snippet of a shell script I wrote to automate ripping my TV Show DVD's, renaming the episodes with filebot, and then moving them to the appropriate location on my home server. Perhaps you can get some ideas from it.

Code:
##Usage: VidRip <Show Title> <Season #> <Episode Offset> <Title #1> <Title #2>
##Example: VidRip "Castle" 02 05 18 33 50

mkdir /tmp/hb
eps=$3

for i in ${*:4} ; do
        ((eps++))
        HandBrakeCLI -Z Normal -i /dev/sr0 -o "/tmp/hb/$1 S$2E$eps.mp4" -t $i
        filebot -rename "/tmp/hb/$1 S$2E$eps.mp4" --q "$1" --format "{n} - {s00e00} - {t} - ({airdate.format(\"MM-dd-yyyy\")})" --order dvd --db thetvdb -non-strict --encoding UTF-8
done

#echo "moving..."
mkdir -p /mnt/Data/Data/Media/TV\ Shows/"$1"/Season\ "$2"
mv /tmp/hb/*.mp4 /mnt/Data/Data/Media/TV\ Shows/"$1"/Season\ "$2"/

#echo "removing scratch..."
rm -rf /tmp/hb
Now thats nice, might have to borrow parts of that. I was planning out a python tool that would make it easy for non-techies to rip movies/tv shows (well planning is more like procrastinating), something with a simple interface but thats a good start. Thanks for that. Smile
What does "Episode Offset" represent?
(2014-11-19, 07:03)poplap Wrote: [ -> ]Now thats nice, might have to borrow parts of that. I was planning out a python tool that would make it easy for non-techies to rip movies/tv shows (well planning is more like procrastinating), something with a simple interface but thats a good start. Thanks for that. Smile
That's cool! I was thinking about python for this, but I'm significantly better with bash and I use this on my new headless server, so my super crappy decade old laptop doesn't have to.

(2014-11-19, 07:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]What does "Episode Offset" represent?

Each TV Show DVD only has 3-5 episodes on it, so say you have episodes 1-5 already done... Episode offset would be 5, so that it will start the count at 6. That way handbrake gives it the proper episode number so Filebot can name it right.

Since it may not be immediately obvious, Title #1, etc, is referring to the title number of the episode on the DVD, since some DVD's place the episodes at odd title numbers... I find the title number of the episodes with either VLC, or using lsdvd in console. This script was the best way I could come up with for ripping TV Show DVD's since they are such a pain.

If anyone uses this script and notices any wonkiness, I will help. I just posted the relevant parts, after stripping out a lot of logging, error handling, and SMS notification scripting.
Pages: 1 2 3