Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC remains in task list after being closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I close XBMC and then 4 finger swipe up (or double click the home button) to see the IOS task list, XBMC is still there and when I switch to it, it re-opens XBMC.

IOS 8.1/XBMC 13.2/iPad2

Is this because at one time I played an audio file, switched back to the main iPad screen and used the control center to resume playing the file from XBMC? The image displayed in the task list looks like a screenshot of the last time I played a file in XBMC and switched back to the main IOS screen and resumed playback from the control center.

Is this a bug? I can't get rid of XBMC from the task list without manually swiping it away, but as soon as I re-open XBMC and Exit it, it stays in the tasklist again. I know it isn't running or using resources, but it is there.
Same like with any other app. Whats the difference? (it shows in the "tasklist" for sure but it is not running anymore as long as you don't have anything playing inside)
(2014-11-17, 19:44)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Same like with any other app. Whats the difference? (it shows in the "tasklist" for sure but it is not running anymore as long as you don't have anything playing inside)

I don't explicitly Exit other apps like I do with XBMC Exit button.

Other apps are still running, they don't re-start when I switch to them as they are already running.

Not a big deal, but I wondered if Exiting could also remove from task list?
(2014-11-17, 20:38)dmcx Wrote: [ -> ]Not a big deal, but I wondered if Exiting could also remove from task list?

That's not how iOS works. The list is recently used applications and is unrelated to what's running in the background.
There used to be a jailbreak tweak that would automatically clear the recent-applications from the task switcher and only show running-applications, but I don't think it has been updated since iOS 6.
Well fact - its not a bug - its like ios apps are working.