Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows Phone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I got a hard one for yea!
Ive looked all over the internet for weeks and CANNOT find anything about the situation!
The main thing I'm wanting is to stream my Windows Phone audio to XBMC! I know this isnt in possible, I have a bluetooth dongle on the xbmc is there away to make xbmc act like a bluetooth speaker and my phone using it as its speakers? What im really wanting is Nokia's Mixradio to work with XBMC, its amazing better then any free streaming service I have found yet. If there is an addon for Mixradio on XBMC please tell me as I have searched and found nothing.

So what im hoping todo is to get the audio from my windows phone to be played onto XBMC!
Ive seen this being done with android devices but windows phone is not capable of those apps Sad
What is operating system are you running XBMC on?
(2014-11-18, 00:49)lrusak Wrote: [ -> ]What is operating system are you running XBMC on?

My xbmc is running off of a raspberry pi using openelec
BUMP!
I believe this would work if you set up upnp on xbmc. Although the reviews look less favorable. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/...d6a1e60bbf

I just left the Windows Phone community to Android. I loved the interface, but the OS lacks the most basic abilities.
(2014-11-22, 03:56)gremlin190 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this would work if you set up upnp on xbmc. Although the reviews look less favorable. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/...d6a1e60bbf

I just left the Windows Phone community to Android. I loved the interface, but the OS lacks the most basic abilities.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for! It is ashame that windows phone is so basic but thats what you get for being an early adopter XD

Can I get a quick howto on how to set this up to xbmc? Thanks guys!
Dude just look in the wiki for setting up upnp.. It's an option in the settings. Anyway, I considered myself an early adopter two years ago when it first came out. Never got any better. I'll look at it in 2 years again and I hope it's matured by then.

Oh and btw VLC should be coming to your phone in a couple of months. That'll probably do what you want it to do too.
(2014-11-22, 22:36)gremlin190 Wrote: [ -> ]Dude just look in the wiki for setting up upnp.. It's an option in the settings. Anyway, I considered myself an early adopter two years ago when it first came out. Never got any better. I'll look at it in 2 years again and I hope it's matured by then.

Oh and btw VLC should be coming to your phone in a couple of months. That'll probably do what you want it to do too.

kk thanks