Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to disable "RADIO" on Main Screen (Kodi Helix Beta 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

how can I disable the for me totally unusable button "RADIO" on the Main Screen? I'm only using "TV" (listening Radio with my TV makes really no sense for me).
I looked to the Skin settings but I can't find a check box to hide "RADIO" (what I expected), there are only the settings (hide Music, Weather and so on, but no TV and no RADIO). already exists in Gotham.

In Gotham, I modified the Confluence Skin to disable RADIO, but since the rewriting of PVR I can't see if this can also be done in Helix.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance
Hi again,

I pulled the tomatoes from my eyes and found the section in the skin file(s)

Here is my patch
Code:
--- addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml-orig   2014-11-17 20:05:13.067601141 +0100
+++ addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml        2014-11-18 20:39:30.468117036 +0100
@@ -911,13 +911,6 @@
                                                <thumb>-</thumb>
                                                <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoPicturesButton)</visible>
                                        </item>
-                                       <item id="13">
-                                               <label>31960</label>
-                                               <onclick>ActivateWindow(RadioChannels)</onclick>
-                                               <icon>-</icon>
-                                               <thumb>-</thumb>
-                                               <visible>PVR.HasRadioChannels</visible>
-                                       </item>
                                        <item id="12">
                                                <label>31952</label>
                                                <onclick>ActivateWindow(TVChannels)</onclick>

However, it would be much better if this is configurable Wink
I guess you have radio channels in you backend ? Cause i dont have your problem at home screen. Try delete them if you dont want them
The radio item will not be there unless you have any radio channels.
Ah, interesting feature.

You're right, for testing I have one Radio Channel configured a long time ago