Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RaspBMC: Some videofiles keep pausing/buffering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue with my RaspBMC. When playing some videos, the video only played for a few seconds, before it pauses for a few seconds and so on. It doesn't say it's buffering, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If I change my resolution from 1920x1080p to 720x480p the issue disappear. It's not all files which have the issue, and I haven't found a pattern yet, for which videos has te issue.

When I'm running in debug mode, I can see the framerate is between 6 and 10 fps.

I haven't had this issue before, but it seems it began after an update 2-3 weeks ago.

Also I have a log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=342613

Hope someone can help me figuring out what my issue is.
That log is not a debug log. Turn on debugging and post a new log.

Tip though, test with a fresh /home/pi/.xbmc directory (rename it if you want a backup) and see if it still happens.
Wired or wireless connection?
(2014-11-18, 21:28)usk78-dk Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with my RaspBMC. When playing some videos, the video only played for a few seconds, before it pauses for a few seconds and so on. It doesn't say it's buffering, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If I change my resolution from 1920x1080p to 720x480p the issue disappear. It's not all files which have the issue, and I haven't found a pattern yet, for which videos has te issue.

When I'm running in debug mode, I can see the framerate is between 6 and 10 fps.

I haven't had this issue before, but it seems it began after an update 2-3 weeks ago.

Also I have a log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=342613

Hope someone can help me figuring out what my issue is.

Is it played back locally or over your network? If network, is it SAMDA or NFS? What is the overall bitrate of the file(s)?
FWIW:
Yesterday I had an issue like what you describe with buffering-playing-pausing-playing etc.

I thought it was the video file itself, but in the end I restarted RASPBMC and it updated both the operating system and XBMC.
And amazingly after that was done my XBMC was like totally transformed, no more pauses, very short initial time of Loading... etc etc.

In short everything I have thrown at it since has played like never before!
I am playing everything off of a Synology DS-212j NAS from a samba share over wired network and the last two months playing has been painfully slow to start and generally unpleasant to use.
Not so anymore! Smile

So unless you have restarted your Pi and let it update itself I recommend trying that first!