Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some PVR questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to move from MythTV frontend to Kodi for my LiveTV needs. But i find it hard to get it like i want it. So i have a few questions that i hope can get an answer.

1. Does anyone have a good remote keymap that they feel works? I find it hard to get things like i want with all the different windows and keybindings. Would be great to have a decent/good keymap to start with that is tweaked for PVR usage.

2. When i select TV now in Confluence the TVChannels screen open. Is it possible to:
a) have the last channel autostart in the little window?
or b) have the last channel start in fullscreen?

3. Is there some kind of import function to have all recorded shows appear in TVShows with fanart etc.? Or have fanart etc. in the recording window?

4. In FullscreenLiveTV, when i press Info, i get the channel name, progressbar, next show for the current channel. What i would like is that window(or similar) to show when i press up/down on my remote, and then be able to view next/previous channel that way, but only actual switch channel when i press OK, or abort if i press exit. The closest thing i can find now is pvrosdchannels, but i don't really need a list with all channels, and in that window i don't see the next show.

Maybe i'm a little bit stuck in how MythTV frontend handles things and i need to think different. But it is hard to change things you are used to. And as it is now i can't get it to work like MythTV frontend, and i'm not skilled enough to tweak everything to take advantage of all the things that Kodi can do that MythTV can't. Maybe with some help i can get a whole new TV experience much better than MythTV. Or is Kodi still a few steps behind when it comes to PVR?
1 I made my PVR keymap mimic the rest of xbmc, arrow buttons are for skipping like in video playback, ch+/- bring up and scroll through the PVR channel osd. Red/yellow/green are for play live TV/default recordings/EPG. I can post a copy layer tonight of you want.

2b you can use the function playpvrtv to start the last channel in full screen. Its easy to add to the homesxreen with aeon nox 5, I think you'd need to edit skn files to do it in confluence.
Use the Keymap Editor add-on in XBMC. It changed my life....no more messing around with .xml files.
There's an option to continue the last channel on startup, and there's another option to start playback minimized or not.
Unless your using helix in which case the start playback minimised doesnt work.
@produno it doesn't?
(2014-11-18, 23:51)negge Wrote: [ -> ]There's an option to continue the last channel on startup, and there's another option to start playback minimized or not.

Are you talking about "Continue last channel on startup"? If i select that LiveTV only starts when Kodi is started, not what i was looking for. What i was looking for is that LiveTV start at the last channel when i select TV in the menu. Autostart when Kodi starts is not that useful for me.

I'm using Helix.
There is no such option at the moment. Sure you can't press OK once more after pressing TV? The last played channel should be selected by default?
(2014-11-19, 23:38)negge Wrote: [ -> ]There is no such option at the moment. Sure you can't press OK once more after pressing TV? The last played channel should be selected by default?

I'm just trying to see if it is possible to get the same behavior from Kodi as i have in MythTV. Maybe some things is better, maybe some things is worse. Just thought it was logical that if i select TV it should start playing, or at least a option for those who want it like that. But if it is not there it is not a deal breaker for me. There are bigger things for me to get right in Kodi before i throw away MythTV frontend =)
Why cant you use playpvrtv as teeedub suggested. Just change the onclick command for livetv in Concluence to <onclick>playpvrtv</onclick> then the last channel will start when you click on the livetv menu item.
(2014-11-21, 16:47)macardi Wrote: [ -> ]Why cant you use playpvrtv as teeedub suggested. Just change the onclick command for livetv in Concluence to <onclick>playpvrtv</onclick> then the last channel will start when you click on the livetv menu item.

I don't use aeon nox 5, and i'm not that skilled in editing skins yet.

Like i don't even know where to start looking for oncklick in confluence.
I found it, now TV starts directly.

But is there some logic behind how to know what section to edit in a keymap, and what screen you are on? I have a hard time to figure everything out. Unfortunately the addon above didn't help me too much. Still hard to know what to change.