Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HiRes MKA files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I did search, but couldn't see anything that helped, so I'm hoping you guys can help me with my problem.

I'm running XBMC Gotham.

I have ripped the 24Bit/96kHz 5.1 DTS MA audio from the new Pink Floyd: The Endless River Blu-ray and split it into 18 mka files. I can't seem to add these to the Music library to play them...

I can play them by searching through Music Files until I find the album folder, but this is a bit time consuming.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :-)
XBMC -can- play matroska audio files if you add the file extension to your advancedsettings.xml and play back the files in files mode. However, it can't add them to the library because there's no support for reading the tags yet.

I've already made a feature request thread for this in the past, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=138866
Ah well. Thanks for letting me know.

How do you guys work around this, then? Should I convert to FLAC and if so, can you recommend a good [free] converter that can handle 24/96 5.1?
Never mind, I figured it out. I re-ripped and chose the 5.1PCM track and checked the output as Flac. This still left me with mka files, but as they contained Flac audio, foobar was able to convert them to 24/96 5.1 PCM Lossless Flac files :-)