Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem changing xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed xbmc by telnet on my linux box and hardly anything worked, then I found a file of xbmc repackaged with all addons included. I removed (manually) the installed xbmc but when I tried to install the repackaged one (again by telnet) there were a lot of check data file clashes - because the files were already provided by python html or OnDemand I found some of these files but others I cannot find. Please could someone tell me how to get rid of all these clashes to enable me to install the new xbmc.

Thanks to all
LeviStubbs
We have no idea what you are on about. What machine is this? I know of no modern x86 distro that uses telnet. I assume you have some proprietary arm system.
nickr the receiver is vu+solo2 - I fixed it by finding the other file clashes and deleting them - I was going to ask another question but I don't think I will
OK it's easier to understand now that we know your platform! Looks like a cool box.

OK so where are you getting XBMC from? Is it supplied by the vendor of that box, or did you sownload it from an official xbmc/kodi source?
(2014-11-28, 01:44)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]OK it's easier to understand now that we know your platform! Looks like a cool box.

OK so where are you getting XBMC from? Is it supplied by the vendor of that box, or did you sownload it from an official xbmc/kodi source?

nickr! Why are you sooooo nice to these people :-)

Quote:xbmc repackaged with all addons

Quote:OnDemand

Google search ondemand:

http://computingondemand.com/best-xbmc-addons-2014/

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watch-tv-sh...e-add-ons/

come on team kodi!
Honestly, you tried to install XBMC on a Broadcom Cpu with an Mipsel-based architecture?
Why the hell did you do that? Big Grin

IT WILL NOT WORK! Wink
I think there are some mips builds somewhere. But steeb I didn't pick up on those clues.
How should that work without drivers? AFAIK they are closed source at these STBs.
I do not think the nikr is being too nice by trying to help (I got it working by the way) but I think that you lizard-king sound like your username and not a likeable or nice person - and another thing, should you be using expletives on this board
Thanks again nikr for helping
LeviStubbs

I do not think that with members like lizard-king I will be coming back to this forum