Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Registered for 'Donator Version' - now app won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really like this program, so donated, and was able to successfully register my donation. Once registered, I was instructed to restart the app, but it will not open. I've checked my security settings, which are ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, none of which have worked.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Tom
hmm.. have no clue.
Which OS?
Can you upload the logfile somewhere (or upload it here)

mainly the /launcher.log and the /logs/tmm.log
OS is Mac OSX - Yosemite 10.10.1

I searched for the two log files, but was unable to locate either of them. Next step ?
Logs should be inside the app folder.

What java client do you have installed?
The apple one, or the latest available from Oracle?
Try in a command shell - the output from
Code:
java --version
try to install the latest Java from Oracle. Another user had the same issue and this fixed it ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1839750 )

The Java from Apple is rather old and should not be used anymore..
So I looked, and have no app folder for TinyMediaManager. The logs are not present in the 'Applications' folder.

I copied and pasted the java --version from your post into the command shell, the result was "Could not create the Java virtual machine."

I'm not sure on which Java version I have, but I will try to locate the latest version from Oracle and install that, and try again....

I really appreciate the help, thanks !

Tom

woo hoo ! Success !

Updated Java, tried to open the app, and it worked perfectly !

Really, REALLY appreciate the help !

Thanks,

Tom
Glad it worked Smile

Dunno what apple changed with 10.10, but it was not good...
(We need to announce this a bit better, to use a 'real' java version)