Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is serverwmc the only PVR backend that supports TRUE series recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just like the title says...

As much as I love serverwmc, I am in the process of trying to do away with Windows VMs completely. I have successfully setup Myth and TVH but as far as I can tell, neither support TRUE series recording. Is this a true statement?

John
What does "true" mean? Mythtv certainly has the best recording rules setup I have seen described in any pvr software.
The NextPVR addon also supports season recordings, but this is Windows again, so probably not what you're looking for.
Most backends support recurring recordings, not all expose the functionality to XBMC though since there's no official API for it.
By "true" I mean that the recording is intelligent. For example, if a show is running a 2 hour episode instead of the usual one hour, will it record the full 2 hours?
Mythtv certainly does that! You don't set up times at all. You set up programmes to record. Mythtv finds when it is on from the epg data.
(2014-11-22, 04:30)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Mythtv certainly does that! You don't set up times at all. You set up programmes to record. Mythtv finds when it is on from the epg data.

And you can do this via the Myth addon in XBMC like you can with ServerWMC?
Ahhh now you are redfining the question...

But in EPG you can context menu, Client Actions, there are plenty of options (although confusingly they don't exactly match what mythfrontend or mythweb show - which is they I use mythweb for setting recordings).
OK...I got mythbuntu up and running and dialed in. I see what you mean with the Client Ations. Thanks Nick.

I'll put this through its paces and see how I do.

John
Do look at mythweb too.