Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to transfer zip file from laptop to RPi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

New to this forum. Could someone please post up a link on how to transfer a .zip file from laptop to RPi running OpenELEC.

I managed to do this a few years back but for the life in me i can't remember how.
I do remember using WinSCP but can't find any info on this procedure.

I have searched this forum but not having any luck finding the correct thread.

Any links/info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Poti-piHuh
If you are talking winscp I guess you have windows on laptop. Install winscp. Log into your rpi with it. Username root, password openelec. Then just transfer the file from one panel to the other.
I think filezilla is the standard for transferring files, I use it on linux but its for windows to
When using openelec you could just browse your smb network and drop the .zip in any seen openelec folder
(2014-11-22, 13:48)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]When using openelec you could just browse your smb network and drop the .zip in any seen openelec folder

You may need to enable SMB on the Pi first (go to your add-ons list, there should be one in there for OpenElec Config - open that and then in the first tab there's a list of services, make sure Samba is enabled).

When you access the Pi from the Network tab in Windows Explorer on your Windows machine, you will also need to log into it (user root, pwd openelec).Then you can access the Pi like any other networked machine - you can also use this method to manually update the installation (by drag and dropping the relevant .tar file into the upgrade folder that you see there).