Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ServerWMC - DRM Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I have had ServerWMC and the PVR.WMC working fine for a while until 2 days ago when the server pc restarted, i think it updated, now when i connect to the server it only shows some channels not all the ones set up in WMC i found out these are apparently DRM protected now where they were not before so they work in WMC but not XBMC, does anyone know any way around this as im only viewing freesat in UK and would like to view those channels

Thanks
Are you sure these channels are now DRMd? After all, why would something call 'freesat' have drm?

This may be a bug we were dealing with in the last rev. Have you installed the newest version of swmc? Also sometimes the com in windows doesn't start in the right state and than can get flagged as DRM. A reboot usually fixes this.

You can post your swmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here, if you want us to take a look.
sounds like you are on build 1171 which did have a bug causing channels to dissapear (incorrectly classified as DRM however even if you allow DRM channels through they still wont play as that's not really what the problem is!). This was fixed by build 1174 which was released a couple of days ago and you should be able to update to now.

Once on build 1174 you will also need to Reset the PVR Database and Reset the EPG database in each XBMC client (done under the System -> LiveTV -> General, and System -> LiveTV -> PVR sections) in order to get rid of any incorrect data XBMC had cached in it's database. While in there I would reccomend disabling the "Store EPG in database" option within XBMC as well (unrelated to this problem, I just feel that it is a better setup to not have XBMC clients caching EPG entries, and prefer to always get them from the backend)
Thank you for the replys, I have wiped windows and reinstalled and setup everything in WMC, installed 1174 from a fresh download and I had the same problem but I think it was a bad installation of windows as the log was empty, so try again but I installed 1169 and it works perfectly fine, I will try updating to 1174 again and give it a go now I know its all fine again, also could anyone explain how to fully uninstall ServerWMC, is is just deleting the folders within the program files and program data folders?
wiped windows?! That's definitely the sledge hammer approach...
I'm sure upgrading ServerWMC plus resetting XBMC databases is all that was required!

But to answer your question, you uninstall from "programs and features" like any normal windows application , plus delete the %ProgramData%\VDSoftware\ServerWMC directory (stores logs and config file) and the "TempSWMC" folder from the WMC recorded tv directory (stores temporary streams and image cache) if you want to remove every trace
I'm having problems with DRM on the 1174, too. This is a fresh install, maybe three days or so. Worked for like a day, but have had no love for a while. It could be something I'm doing, as I am troubleshooting between being Dad, so I'm not entirely focusedWink
Hi,

The only way I found was to install 1169 it works with my setup now, try downgrading before anything else

Thanks
(2014-11-27, 02:00)brimnac Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having problems with DRM on the 1174, too. This is a fresh install, maybe three days or so. Worked for like a day, but have had no love for a while. It could be something I'm doing, as I am troubleshooting between being Dad, so I'm not entirely focusedWink

Once you get the issue (ServerWMC 1171 incorrectly sending channels over to XBMC as -drm) XBMC will cache that data and cause you issues, even if you upgrade ServerWMC. You need to reset both the XBMC PVR and EPG databases to get back to a clean slate. Then all the data should be re-imported from ServerWMC

System -> LiveTV -> General -> Reset PVR Database
System -> LiveTV -> EPG -> Reset EPG Database

(note: I also reccomend on the EPG settings page to configure XBMC to NOT store EPG in the database - I think there are less problems by always getting it from the backend rather than introducing another complexity with XBMC caching EPG)

If you still have issues, please post a ServerWMC log to pastebin and link it here
Hey, thanks. I wasn't expecting anything, just wanted to let y'all know I was running into the same stuff as the other dude, so I really appreciate all this.
Same problem at my end here in Austria. All was fine in version 1167. The problem started in 1171 but it STILL IS NOT FIXED IN 1174 !!
I did everything you explayned here to reset the databases and reload the channels but I still got the DRM channels. And the problem is visable already on ServerWMC itself. When I press on "Reload Channels" I get a nice windows telling me what was imported a line reading: "DRM channels: 624". In my case all the Austrian channels (ORF, ATV...) and the German HD Channels (ZDF HD, Das Erste HD...)

The only solution that works was to install again the good old 1167. And immediatly without any resetting of the databases on the Client all my channels worked again. And when I press "Reload Channels" on ServerWMC I get the information window which says "DRM channels:0".

Thanks for your good work !
With kind regards
Martin Klein
The stuff about resetting XBMC databases is only required if you have enabled the "dont ignore DRM channels" option in ServerWMC. IE once you have forced them through to XBMC you have to reset XBMC afterwards. In your case you are just saying that ServerWMC is reporting them as DRM and not sending them across, so no need to reset the XBMC side since they never made it over.

Now in terms of you still suffering from missing channels on build 1174 unfortunately there are still some user's setups where our latest changes are not handling things. Have you manually renumbered and/or merged channels in WMC yourself by any chance?

We added a config item in build 1174 to disable the new channel inspection we were trying to do, so you should get the "old" behaviour if you set this config file entry:

<IgnoreMergedChannelWithDifferentNumber>false</IgnoreMergedChannelWithDifferentNumber>

Also if you would be able to run build 1174 again and set the following config item, then generate a fresh ServerWMC log and upload it for me, I would like to have a look at the details of your channel setup, so I can see why we are thinking you have invalid TuningInfo on your channels.

<Debug_AllChannelDetail>true</Debug_AllChannelDetail>
Sure- here we go - I added both suggested lines to the end of the config file an reloaded all channels.
This is my Log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/9285494/

With kind regards.
Martin Klein
@Martin.klein

It didn't work, you can't add the lines to the end of the config file, you have to find these fields in the config file and then change them to the values scarecrow suggested. So reopen the config file and delete the lines you added at the end (if they are still there), then search for IgnoreMergedChannelWithDifferentNumber and set it to false and then search for Debug_AllChannelDetail and set it to true. Then post the log again after serverwmc starts up.
I use Media center 8 and have been using the plugin with Kodi 14 beta 5. It seems that after the update, all of the cable channels just show 'no guide data available'.

So, I have about 10 channels with guide date and the rest with none.

I tried rolling back to 1167, reset the database and then going back to 1174 and setting the keys mentioned above. no dice. Any other ideas?

here is my log. http://pastebin.com/TmNYmeMi

Thanks for the help!!
That may be a Media Center problem. I ran into that same thing just just two days ago and no matter how many times I tried to update the guide I couldn't. Googling it i found few posts with the same guide issues and it was hinted that it was the guide server. I ended up setting up my tv signal in media center again and that seemed to fix it.
Pages: 1 2