Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music and Concerts, not showing pictures on Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Konnichiha,
I just started to use the Music Folder and Concerts ( to show my music videos )
I have 2 problems:

1. When I go into Music ( I enabled all of the views, low, poster, etc) I cannot see the poster for the artist on the icon.
Once I click on the icon and see the individual tracks, it shows a thumbnail on each one.
How do I choose a thunmbnail to show for the main folder for the album?

2. In Concerts I pointed it to my music videos directory on my NAS.
I renamed each folder to the artist name, and within the directory is the artist name - song name. Is this correct, or does the name of each file in the directory have to equal the folder name? Also same problem here, I do not see any artwork on the folders. ( I have the extended script installed and fanart etc. I also ran each of them

Thanks in advance
1) Sounds like you don't have library mode enabled, or you haven't scrapped all your music to Kodi.

2) I can't help with as don't use music videos/concerts.
Hi,
How do i enable library mode?

Thanks
From memory it's on the top menu.
For music videos and concerts, the poster and fanart comes from you adding a poster and a fanart named the same as the video with -poster and -fanart at the end and then you need to make an nfo to get them to scrape into the library. Good luck getting anything to scrape manually without creating an nfo.
First make sure you have your music video source (root folder) added as a source with content music videos. I have zero luck with scrapers, except the old Last.fm scraper did work a little. I don't think folder names have any significance. As stated mvfilename-poster and -fanart will get you the art, or you could instead use folder.jpg and fanart.jpg, that will be used for all mv files in a folder. You also get a screenshot from the vid which is used in some places. If the vid is mp4 and there is a "cover" art embedded, that will be used instead of the screenshot. If the artist on the music video is also in the music library (meaning you scraped a song with that artist into the music library) , the artist art will be used in music video "artist" view. There's nothing like that for music video "album" view. AFAIK, no way to set any art or even icon for an album.

scott s.