Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio on Blu-Ray progressively gets out of sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. I'm noticing something new (to me) that is happening now that I am getting around to converting my blu-ray collection to MKV for playback on my ATV 2 devices (although the exact same thing is happening on my Rasp Pi units running latest version of XBMC:

At the start of playing any blu-ray, no sync problems at all, but throughout playback, I am having to go into the audio menu and adjusting the offset to match. By the end of a 90 minute presentation, I have offset by over 2MS. If I try to keep a low setting and apply for all, then the audio at the beginning is slower than the picture.

I'm not sure if this is a result of me formatting the file too heavy, although all my units are wired in a gigabit, cat6 environment with no issues on the topology (testing each line for both continuity and available bandwidth.

I have already gone through the other steps suggested of using hardware acceleration, enabling sync, etc. and it still doesn't address the issue I'm having. All films in SD play just fine without any offset adjustments needed.

If anybody has suggestions, please let me know. For reference, I use Acrock to convert to MKV, and then handbrake to shrink down the MKV to a smaller file, retaining 5.1 at 320 kbps.

Thanks all!
debug log (wiki)